Users not able to get the account activation emails

Hello,

I’d just finish the setup of my Passbolt instance. I’m not able to get the new users activation emails.

When doing: /bin/bash -c “./bin/cake passbolt send_test_email –recipient=USER@DOMAIN” I’m able to get the “Passbolt test email” in my inbox.

In the we interface everything concerning the notifications are switched on.

May I know what I need to do to make it work? Is there logs that I can send out to help the debugging?

With regards,

Guillaume

Hi @guillaumesoucy :wave: and welcome to passbolt community forum :slight_smile:

Can you tell us which guide did you followed to setup your passbolt instance ?

It is good as it means your smtp settings are correct in the configuration file. Did you ran this command as root user ? The example in our mail troubleshooting page use the webserver user and it is the recommanded way. If running as root user, you can break the mail workflow, with file ownership issues.

Can you send us the full output of the healthcheck command (replace www-data with nginx if you are running passbolt on a RPM distro) ?

sudo -H -u www-data bash -c "/usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake passbolt healthcheck"

Cheers,

Hello,

I’d followed the guide here Passbolt Help | Install passbolt API from source I’m using Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS

The Passbolt instance works, the only issue that I have is with the email notifications.

When doing sudo -H -u www-data bash -c "/usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake passbolt healthcheck" I do have the following in return.

root@password-dc:~# sudo -H -u www-data bash -c "/usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake passbolt healthcheck"
bash: /usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake: No such file or directory
root@password-dc:~#

During the initial setup, it offer me to setup the mail but, I was required to skip the step because the mail account on the mail server wasn’t ready yet at that time.

Thanks!

Guillaume

Hi,

Why installing from source on Ubuntu while there is existing packages for this distro: Passbolt Help | Install Passbolt CE on Ubuntu 20.04

Installing passbolt from source is very hard to maintain. Did you setup the cron job for sending emails ?

As you installed from source, the right command for the healthcheck is:

sudo -H -u www-data bash -c "/var/www/passbolt/bin/cake passbolt healthcheck"

Best,

Yes, I saw later that a package was existing on Ubuntu. :open_mouth:

But, good news, by reading the guide attentively, I’d notice that I miss a part, the segment concerning email delivery.

root@password-dc:/mnt/disk/passwords.zawack.ca# ./bin/cake EmailQueue.sender
Email 1 was sent
Email 2 was sent
Email 3 was sent
Email 4 was sent
Email 5 was sent
Email 6 was sent
Email 7 was sent
Email 8 was sent
Email 9 was sent
Email 10 was sent
Email 11 was sent
Email 12 was sent
Email 13 was sent
Email 14 was sent
Email 15 was sent
Email 16 was sent
Email 17 was sent
Email 18 was sent
Email 19 was sent

I’ve got all of them. Will setup the cronjob now.

Thank-you very much for your time.

Guillaume

Another questions, is it possible when installing using the Ubuntu package to have multiples instances running on the same machine?

I would like to try the package option as I’m not able to login on other computers, I’m doing the recovery and it ask me for the private key, I’m uploading the one from I’d download when setting up the passphrase, it keep telling that the key is not belong to any accounts.

The QR-code generation also throw an error that nobody seem to have on this forum:

No data available.Message 
----------------------
crypto.subtle is undefined

Stack 
----------------------
86184/getTransferHash/<@moz-extension://ae164250-1211-4d07-b65e-e60c32e1912e/data/js/dist/app.js:2:275570
getTransferHash@moz-extension://ae164250-1211-4d07-b65e-e60c32e1912e/data/js/dist/app.js:2:275697
createTransfer@moz-extension://ae164250-1211-4d07-b65e-e60c32e1912e/data/js/dist/app.js:2:277040

On the computer that I’m able to log on, if I log off I can log back on back in without any issues.

Thanks!

Hello,

Never mind, I was using the wrong recovery kit.