Where do I find how-to about creating groups?

Hello,

I am considering whether I can recommend PassBolt as a password management app for our organization.

I don’t find proper help pages regarding the “groups management”. How does this work ? Is it documented in an accessible way, somewhere ?

Many thanks for your help,

Best

Hi @xavrab,

You’re right, there is nothing special on our help site regarding the groups feature. However, you will find informations about groups feature in this blog post: https://blog.passbolt.com/how-passbolt-will-implement-groups-ee49108a6ff1

There is also some other articles about groups on our blog: groups – passbolt

Don’t hesitate to ask if you have further questions.

Best,

Hi @AnatomicJC thanks for hinting at those blog posts.

The article “Meet Passbolt new “group” feature” states that : « This release does not cover the entire scope mentioned in the functional specifications. »

But since then (May 2017), were all the initial specifications implemented, as described in the article “How Passbolt will implement groups” ?

Hi @xavrab mostly it’s the “request group membership” that has not been implemented. It is not possible for an administrator or user to request a group manager to add a user to a group (via the UI, the ldap sync’ does this however).

It is also not possible to add a user to a group if they have not completed the setup. This is something that we would like to tackle in 2022:

Many thanks @remy for these insights. Please can you tell me whether implementing this “request group membership” feature is on the roadmap and (if there is some degree of predictability) at what period of time in the future ? It appears to me as a really streamlining feature.

Hi,

We don’t have any planned date yet for this feature.

Best regards,

Thanks for the info.

It is not possible for an administrator or user to request a group manager to add a user to a group (via the UI, the ldap sync’ does this however).