Your Feedback Wanted: Dive Into Passbolt's New and Improved Docs Section! đź“š

Hello, Passbolt Community!

We’re thrilled to announce a significant update that we believe will greatly enhance your experience: we’re transitioning our help site from /help to a more comprehensive and navigable /docs section, with a special emphasis on the hosting guide area. :rocket:

What’s New?

The hosting guide section is at the forefront of our efforts to make our documentation more accessible and useful for everyone. This is part of a broader initiative to ensure that our support materials meet the diverse needs of our community.

Currently, we are primarily focusing on the hosting guides within the new /docs section. This is the first step in our plan to revamp and improve our documentation. As we progress, we will also be updating and migrating the admin guide, user guide, and developer guide. Please bear with us, as what you see is still evolving. The content is not final, and we’re diligently working to ensure everything is up to date and as helpful as possible.

Why Does This Matter?

Our goal with the new /docs section is to provide you with an easier way to find the information you need to successfully host and manage Passbolt. Whether you’re a new user just starting out or a seasoned pro looking for advanced tips, we believe this new format will make it easier to access the insights you need.

We Need Your Feedback!

:star2: As always, we deeply value the input of our community. You can explore the new hosting guide and the rest of our documentation at Passbolt documentation. | Passbolt documentation. If you have any comments or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to share them with us. Your feedback is crucial in helping us refine and enhance the documentation further.

A big thank you to everyone for your ongoing support and contributions. Your engagement is what makes our community so special. :heart:

2 Likes

I will check the new documentation and share any suggestions to improve!
Maybe I can find my problem with Docker rootless hahahaha

Wow, it is a great idea !

What I don’t like in the current documentation and still present in the new one is the Configure nginx for serving HTTPS (:open_mouth: oh… we cannot link directly to a specific part of documentation? id= is missing in the html code).

We are on a page to setup passbolt for a given distro, we must go to a separate page to setup HTTPS, and we must go back to continue passbolt setup. The user experience is not good in my point of view.

The HTTPS setup should be embedded in the same page.

Usually in “code” sections from github markdown pages, there is a double-square on the top right to copy-paste the code, this is missing on the new help site. Example from github:

Apart from that, I can’t wait to see all help site migrated to the new style. Keep up the good work :muscle:

2 Likes

You aren’t wrong here, right now we are going for pretty much a straight copy over of the content but this could be a good improvement and I have some ideas how we could tackle this to have it on the same page

This is due to some style choices which we are ironing out, if you take a look at the Debian Update page for example the final command does come with the double-square copy option. You should see that appearing more as we continue updating pages. It is good feedback though so we’ll need to make sure to catch all of those missing ones

4 Likes

I noticed that many users on the forum ask about problems with reverse proxy.
Maybe it could be interesting to have a section explaining how to set it up in different servers (and recommending the one you prefer to use as it is easy to integrate or powerful… that is on your side).
Maybe you can use as reference this section of the Nextcloud guide:

2 Likes

Thank you for all your feedback!

Update: The /doc section is live!
Check it out and let us know what you think

5 Likes