1st time docker installation

Checklist
[ x] I have read intro post: About the Installation Issues category
[ x] I have read the tutorials, help and searched for similar issues
I provide relevant information about my server (component names and versions, etc.)
I provide a copy of my logs and healthcheck
I describe the steps I have taken to trouble shoot the problem
I describe the steps on how to reproduce the issue

Debian 11
Docker 23.0.3
Docker-Compose 2.9.0

The problem is upon following the step-by-step, it stop when I wanna create the first user which stop with
Exception: Connection to Mysql could not be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'passbolt'@'172.21.0.3' (using password: YES) In [/usr/share/php/passbolt/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Database/Driver.php, line 133]

I did not make any changes on the docker-compose-ce.yaml so now it wont install or run.

Any help would be great.

hey @KingRichard welcome to the forum!

Could you post the contents of your docker compose file? Just be sure to hide anything sensitive

I’m mainly interested to see how you have the database configured

It the one download without any changes

version: '3.9'
services:
  db:
    image: mariadb:10.3
    restart: unless-stopped
    environment:
      MYSQL_RANDOM_ROOT_PASSWORD: "true"
      MYSQL_DATABASE: "passbolt"
      MYSQL_USER: "passbolt"
      MYSQL_PASSWORD: "P4ssb0lt"
    volumes:
      - database_volume:/var/lib/mysql

passbolt:
    image: passbolt/passbolt:latest-ce
    #Alternatively you can use rootless:
    #image: passbolt/passbolt:latest-ce-non-root
    restart: unless-stopped
    depends_on:
      - db
    environment:
      APP_FULL_BASE_URL: https://passbolt.local
      DATASOURCES_DEFAULT_HOST: "db"
      DATASOURCES_DEFAULT_USERNAME: "passbolt"
      DATASOURCES_DEFAULT_PASSWORD: "P4ssb0lt"
      DATASOURCES_DEFAULT_DATABASE: "passbolt"
    volumes:
      - gpg_volume:/etc/passbolt/gpg
      - jwt_volume:/etc/passbolt/jwt
    command: ["/usr/bin/wait-for.sh", "-t", "0", "db:3306", "--", "/docker-entrypoint.sh"]
    ports:
      - 80:80
      - 443:443
    #Alternatively for non-root images:
    # - 80:8080
    # - 443:4433

volumes:
  database_volume:
  gpg_volume:
  jwt_volume:

Ok, can you run the healthcheck then?

Additionally can you run docker ps and post the output?

I reinstall my Debian and this time it work pass the admin creation. However, now it create error when the passbolt.local being called. DNS error occurs. I did my DNS setup to the local IP., so again no luck

can you share the DNS config here? so what you have in /etc/hosts if you are on mac/linux

Also a screenshot of the error when you try to access the page with a browser

At the moment I’m redirecting my local DNS via AdBlocker which work very well. However it seems to fail redirecting .local. Is there away to change extension to .home instead? My guess is to modified the docker-compose-ce.yaml?

Nevermind… I manage to install and have it up and run correctly. Now is the time to change it with a domain. This will be more challenging. Any instruction on which files need to be modified?

Well “passbolt.local” is a domain. Actually there is no difference what domain you’re using. (See (APP_FULL_BASE_URL in the config file you posted)
Ofc your public domain should point to the IP of the server Passbolt is running on and the Passbolt server should be reachable from the internet, if you want it to use so. How to do, depends on your setup and prerequisites. Also if reachable from internet you should have a proper firewall / waf setup + some basic linux hardenings.

For SSL / HTTPS and valid certificates (LE) you should check the traefik documentations:

Just don’t http / port 80.

Thanks. The plan is to redirect using cloudflare ZT or maybe ZT it self. Undecided at this time.