As a logged in user I should be able to store secure notes

Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
Some system administrators like @patpr0 require to store QRcode, SSL certificates, RSA keys, etc.
That would be an absolutely killing feature if passbolt would allow storage of more complex items than passwords!

For example people currently using “secret notes” in Apple’s keychain on OS X

Q2 - Who is impacted?
People that want to use passbolt for more than just storing passwords, but secrets in generals.

Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
Passbolt should be flexible and not force a format for a given secret, considering that they are multiple ways to authenticate against other systems and not just passwords.

Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional)
TBD.

Moved from As a logged in user I should be able to store secure notes · Issue #19 · passbolt/passbolt_api · GitHub
See also: As an administrator I can create new secret types and define their associated input fields

Q5. Community support
People can vote for this idea to show traction:

• :ok_woman: Must have: this is critical for me to have this
  • :raising_hand_woman: Should have: this is important for me to have this
  • :tipping_hand_woman: Could have: this could be nice to have
  • :no_good_woman: Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)

0 voters

1 Like

This is critical for me. I need to store and share keys, certs, and vpn configurations. Currently I can only do a single text field with limited character types.

Secure notes could really be a nice feature for my team!
I was looking for this feature in Passbolt, so I vote for it too.
This major feature could make a difference for me, compare to others existing tools.

+1 this a critical feature for our organisation before we can use Passbolt. Secrets come in many different forms; just looking through our existing password solution, I can see live and sandbox credentials for various services that include a name, ID, Client ID, Secret etc…

Personally I’ve never needed to store files or graphics etc. Just a textarea (perhaps rich text?) would be ideal for this, a secure note format.

Work has started on this feature, v3 will include resource types. The first new resource type will allow encrypting the description. More resource types will be introduced afterwards. V3 is targetted to be released end of November.

Specs (WIP):

1 Like

Passbolt | Passbolt Pro - Self Hosted pricing doesn’t list it.
Is it part of CE or PRO?

@drzraf It’s available in both PRO and CE. You can use it by clicking the lock icon to encrypt the contents of the description:

2 Likes