As a user, I want to see the absolute dates of the relative dates I currently see

Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
When I see the Info panel related to a password, both the Modified and Created timestamps are shown in a relative way (“11 seconds ago” in the screenshot). That’s great - but I need to also see the actual absolute date somehow (2022-06-10T21:23:59+00:00).

Q2 - Who is impacted?
Everyone who needs to check a password’s modification/creation date.

Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
It’s a nice usability feature.
It’s not really urgent, since the passwords list already show the absolute modification date on hover (sorry, tried to add a screenshot but was limited by the forum software), and one can go through their own emails archive to look for emails related to this password. But it’s really annoying to do so - and seems kind of easy to fix in the UI.

Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional)

I guess showing the same tooltips as in the passwords list would work. Another option would be to make click or double click swap between showing the relative and absolute dates.

Or showing the relative date in the screen, with the absolute date in the tooltip, and copying the absolute date to the clipboard when clicking the field - although I’m not sure if it’s that important of an action to perform.

1 Like

This is the screenshot of the current passwords list, showing the absolute modification date when hovering the relative one.

Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 18.30.51

@matiasgarciaisaia for reference in case you want to submit a PR: passbolt_styleguide/DisplayResourcesList.js at 07eadee51667cb1695a86981ec5e45056359763b · passbolt/passbolt_styleguide · GitHub

This is the line that has the title attribute you are noticing when hovering over Modified on Resource list. You could search for the Modified and Created on the detail and apply in a similar way.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the guidance, @garret!

Here’s the PR: Show absolute dates as dates' tooltips by matiasgarciaisaia · Pull Request #24 · passbolt/passbolt_styleguide · GitHub

2 Likes