Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
With folders/entries shared with larger groups of people with various roles, the activity log can be quite active. Finding a specific action (for example changes in permissions) is very difficult when when the log includes common things like “accessed secret” and only shows 5 entries at once
Q2 - Who is impacted?
Resource owners who want to retrace what happened with a resource.
Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
It’s not that urgent as the information is accessible, however getting to that info is very inefficient
Q4 - What is your proposed solution?
in the resource info > “Activity” tab, show two text fields for filters:
- Type: contains presets for all log types, like “accessed secret” and “changed permissions”
- User: search that autocompletes user name
Setting any field refreshes the Activity section with a filtered view based on selection.
“hiding” the fields behind a “Filter” button that is placed next to the “More” button would also integrate well into the current UI
Q5. Community support
People can vote for this idea to show traction:
- Must have: this is critical for me to have this
- Should have: this is important for me to have this
- Could have: this could be nice to have
- Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)