Blank page after config

Checklist
[x ] I have read intro post: About the Installation Issues category
[x ] I have read the tutorials, help and searched for similar issues
[x ] I provide relevant information about my server (component names and versions, etc.)
[x ] I provide a copy of my logs and healthcheck
[x ] I describe the steps I have taken to trouble shoot the problem
[x ] I describe the steps on how to reproduce the issue

Hi fellas, i finished the setup config and i stop on this step:
“Point your browser to the hostname / ip where passbolt can be reached”
i got an entire blank page, when i access my id address.

when i run the healthcheck i got this:

/ __ \____  _____ ____/ /_  ____  / / /_ 

/ // / __ `/ / / __ / __ / / _/
/ / // ( |
) /
/ / /
/ / / /
/
/ _
/
//./_//__/

Open source password manager for teams

Healthcheck shell…2023-08-02 01:18:22 warning: file_get_contents(/etc/passbolt/gpg/serverkey.asc): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory
warning: 2 :: file_get_contents(/etc/passbolt/gpg/serverkey.asc): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory on line 456 of /usr/share/php/passbolt/src/Utility/Healthchecks/GpgHealthchecks.php
2023-08-02 01:18:22 warning: file_get_contents(/etc/passbolt/gpg/serverkey_private.asc): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory
warning: 2 :: file_get_contents(/etc/passbolt/gpg/serverkey_private.asc): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory on line 458 of /usr/share/php/passbolt/src/Utility/Healthchecks/GpgHealthchecks.php
.2023-08-02 01:18:22 error: [TypeError] strpos(): Argument #1 ($haystack) must be of type string, bool given in /usr/share/php/passbolt/src/Utility/Healthchecks.php on line 92

Passbolt | An Internal Error Has Occurred.

An Internal Error Has Occurred

An Internal Error Has Occurred.

→ i am using Almalinux 8.7

Hello, since you are using AlmaLinux, it could be a SELinux issues.

Could you run:

setsebool -P httpd_use_gpg=on
setsebool -P gpg_web_anon_write=on
semanage permissive -a gpg_web_t

If that does not fixes the issues, can you share the permissions on the passbolt’s gpg directory? ls -la /etc/passbolt/gpg, also do you confirm that the fullBaseUrl match the address where you are trying to reach passbolt?

Hi Antony, thank you so much for the reply.

i runned the commandas above, and still the same.

here my permisstions

drwxrwx—. 2 root nginx 6 Jul 26 10:14 .
drwxrwx—. 7 root nginx 4096 Aug 1 21:14

I think there is an issues with the keys, they are not generated yet I’ll asume so, based on the issues, from the installation guide that’s after the SSL configuration that this issues is happening, you can’t even access the WebInstaller right? Have you installed Havegd ?

It should be normal that the healthcheck is throwing an error then, indeed, the server gpg keys are created through the WebInstaller, if you haven’t reached it yet, then the healthcheck will not work as the server is not completely installed.

So just to confirm:

• Could you explain all the steps you did for the SSL configuration?
  • Did you chose manual, auto or none?
  • The SSL path is correct if you are using a self-signed certificate?
  • The hostname you are using is matching what you are trying to reach on the browser? (the fullBaseUrl is really important, for example if SSL is enabled you should use https://YOUR_DOMAIN.domain as the fullBaseUrl and not only YOUR_DOMAIN.domain)

you can’t even access the WebInstaller right?
yes, i can’t.

Have you installed Havegd ?
yes

explain all the steps you did for the SSL configuration?
i choose Auto.

The hostname you are using is matching what you are trying to reach on the browser?
i put my local ip addrs = 192.168.x.xxx on hostname and reach on browser
on browser i put just the ip address i got blank screen with favicon of passbolt, and when i force
https://ipaddress
i got Unable to connect - An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.0.200.

should i try to complete the install without ssl?
and try to implement after?

For an IP address Auto won’t work. Our auto option uses let’s encrypt and they use the DNS record to verify

If you are just hosting locally and don’t plan to have access from outside of your network then you might want to create a self signed cert for that IP address

Hi Clayton, in a past (1 y ago) made the same setup, withy Auto SSL for ip address and worked.
i this caso do you recomend to set manually ?
i am just afraid to have knowlogy to implemente this manually. but i can try.

For an IP address you’d have to choose the manual option. Are you sure you set this up with the auto option and just an IP address before? As mentioned Let’s Encrypt uses DNS records to issue certificates and that is what our auto option uses

Hi Clayton, i am sure.
i’ve tried bothe other (1,3) and was very different processe.

what happened in the past is that i was able to use https with a warning (red on browser) but it worked.

i will try manual process again.

Hi fellas, i was able to finish using the option to put Manual to SSL.
thanks.

now i went to restore my old not function account to this new install.
Please confirme if i just need to replace those two itens:

• Database
  • gpg keys

thanks