Could not reach the /healthcheck/status with url after migration

Checklist
I have read intro post: About the Installation Issues category
I have read the tutorials, help and searched for similar issues
I provide relevant information about my server (component names and versions, etc.)
I provide a copy of my logs and healthcheck
I describe the steps I have taken to trouble shoot the problem
I describe the steps on how to reproduce the issue

Spec:
Oracle Linux 8.5 (virtual box)
Nginx
Mariadb

Hi, I have this problem where I installed a new passbolt server into my vm and everything worked fine and then I want to migrate the old server into the new one, there’s when the problem occur. I follow the step in here.

Every configuration that I made on the new server (before the migration is the same) as the previous one (e.g. database name, user name, etc) but it returns that it cannot reach the fullBasedUrl which worked on my previous and new server before migration.

This is the healthcheck:

This is what cake passbolt migrate looks like:

Netstat -pnuta:

Step taken to troubleshoot:
I also try run cleanup and datacheck and there is no result at all. I also add the servename into the nginx.conf still nothing change. I track the log which is

Permission denied in /path/to/Phpconfig.php on line 89

TIME_WAIT which mean that the three way handshake is incomplete as the state is not yet established. So, is it because of my network or the wrong step while following the guide on migration because I don’t even touch anything regarding network when I’m migrating. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Opah

Welcome to the forum! If the db is on the same server, try setting the db host to 127.0.0.1. Does that make a difference?

No luck on that. I check on the log on mariadb and also nginx they return as below:

NGINX: /var/log/nginx/error.log

2023/04/12 12:46:11 [error] 13811#0: *9 FastCGI sent in stderr: “PHP message: PHP Warning: include(/etc/passbolt/passbolt.php): Failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/share/php/passbolt/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Core/Configure/Engine/PhpConfig.php on line 89PHP message: PHP Warning: include(): Failed opening ‘/etc/passbolt/passbolt.php’ for inclusion (include_path=‘.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) in /usr/share/php/passbolt/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Core/Configure/Engine/PhpConfig.php on line 89” while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.2.15, server: 10.0.2.15, request: “GET /install HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/run/php-fpm/www.sock:”, host: “10.0.2.15”

Maria: /var/log/mariadb/mariadb.log

#sudo tail -f /var/log/mariadb/mariadb.log
2023-04-12 12:11:06 0 [ERROR] Plugin ‘gssapi’ init function returned error.
2023-04-12 12:11:06 0 [Note] Server socket created on IP: ‘::’.
2023-04-12 12:11:06 0 [Note] Reading of all Master_info entries succeeded
2023-04-12 12:11:06 0 [Note] Added new Master_info ‘’ to hash table
2023-04-12 12:11:06 0 [Note] /usr/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: ‘10.3.35-MariaDB’ socket: ‘/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock’ port: 3306 MariaDB Server
2023-04-12 12:13:20 14 [Warning] Hostname ‘localhost.localdomain’ does not resolve to ‘10.0.2.15’.
2023-04-12 12:13:20 14 [Note] Hostname ‘localhost.localdomain’ has the following IP addresses:
2023-04-12 12:13:20 14 [Note] - ::1
2023-04-12 12:13:20 14 [Note] - 127.0.0.1

I’m pretty sure I have give necessary permission and authority for them to run smoothly.

Since this is a permission denied on /etc/passbolt/passbolt.php could you check the permissions on /etc/passbolt with ls -al?

I believe the issue will be this is set to www-data which is for debian based systems, and not nginx as it should be for oracle.

It looks like the guide you followed didn’t point out that difference. Our guide for this which points out the exact commands can be found here.

I think I would just follow passbolt doc on backup and migration but may I know the detail on migration after the files are transfer to the new server, are we just simply replace the new file with old file and then configure?
And passbolt on the new server, do I just install the passbolt or should I complete the “start configuration”?
Thank you.

For the new server you’ll have to do some configuration but not the web UI configuration as the settings there will be stored in the database and the passbolt.php file from your old server.

For the migration step this is to run the database migrations as often the new server will be on a newer version than the old one