Debian package installation error

Dear forum,

i was trying to use the passbolt debian package. I was using a Hetzner Cloud Server with Debian 10.

I followeg 100 % the installation guide for debian and got the following error:

/var/lib/dpkg/info/passbolt-ce-server.postinst: Zeile 155: mysql: Kommando nicht gefunden.
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Paketes passbolt-ce-server (--configure):
 »installiertes passbolt-ce-server-Skript des Paketes post-installation«-Unterprozess gab den Fehlerwert 127 zurück

has anyone a suggestion what goes wrong?

Checklist
[x] I have read intro post: About the Installation Issues category
[x] I have read the tutorials, help and searched for similar issues
[x] I provide relevant information about my server (component names and versions, etc.)
[x] I provide a copy of my logs and healthcheck
[x] I describe the steps I have taken to trouble shoot the problem
[x] I describe the steps on how to reproduce the issue

Hi @roonix looks like mysql is not installed. Are you installing mysql also on the server?

1 Like

Hey diego,
documentation says:
By default, passbolt debian package will install Passbolt server component, mariadb-server, php-fpm and nginx as dependencies.

So i havent installed it manually, but i will test. I’ll be back on you in 10 minutes.

Oke, manually install mariadb-server fixed the problem. sot heres a wrong documentation or a bug in the debian package

Hi @roonix,

Glad to see you have solved it! As you correctly pointed out, installing mysql manually should not be required.

I’ll dig on the issue see if I can reproduce!

Thanks for your report!

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.