Emails not being sent automatically (cronjob)

Checklist
[X] I have read intro post: About the Installation Issues category
[X] I have read the tutorials, help and searched for similar issues
[X] I provide relevant information about my server (component names and versions, etc.)
[X] I provide a copy of my logs and healthcheck
[X] I describe the steps I have taken to troubleshoot the problem
[X] I describe the steps on how to reproduce the issue

Webserver: Nginx 1.14.0
Php: 7.2.24
Database: MariaDB 10.1.47
Passbolt: …how do I figure this out? I can’t click the help button on my top navigation bar.

Healthcheck:

Troubleshooting Steps I’ve Taken:

1. Checked the crontab for the webserver user (www-data), and the entry is in there as:
    *** * * * * /var/www/passbolt/bin/cake EmailQueue.sender >> /var/log/passbolt.log**

Reproduce The Issue:
Execute some action that would send an email in the software, such as recovery an existing account. After I enter my email, it says it sent the email, but the email never comes. I run the cake EmailQueue.sender myself manually, and it successfully sends the email. The crontab must not be running itself.

@swebervna Try first running the commands suggested in the Healthcheck FAIL lines near the top to clear those up.

Those suggested commands fixed my permissions issue, but I still need help regarding the emails not sending automatically via the cronjob.

@swebervna

I have tried a couple ways in the past, including setting crontab as the www-data user. Currently, I have my Ubuntu18.04 crontab set as the root user running a command as www-data. Maybe this would work for you:

* * * * * su -c "/var/www/passbolt/bin/cake EmailQueue.sender >> /var/log/passbolt.log" -s /bin/bash www-data