Healthcheck: No marker found in /var/.../gpg.php, line 166

following the tutorial for Debian 9 line for line on a semi-fresh Debian install. a couple of web apps are installed including Zabbix. Nothing special…

Everything is going as expected until running the healthcheck. Any advice is appreciated. output is below.

www-data@:~/passbolt$ ./bin/cake passbolt install

Open source password manager for teams

Running baseline checks, please wait…
No marker found.
Please run ./app/Console/cake passbolt healthcheck for more information and help.

www-data@:~/passbolt$ ./bin/cake passbolt healthcheck

Open source password manager for teams

Healthcheck shell…Exception: No marker found. in [/var/www/passbolt/src/Utility/Gpg.php, line 166]

Checklist
[x] I have read intro post: About the Installation Issues category
[x] I have read the tutorials, help and searched for similar issues
[x] I provide relevant information about my server (component names and versions, etc.)
[x] I provide a copy of my logs and healthcheck
[] I describe the steps I have taken to trouble shoot the problem
[] I describe the steps on how to reproduce the issue

Hi @elkif,

It looks like there is a problem with the format of your server GPG keys. No marker found means that passbolt cannot find the PGP marker in your key file.

A PGP public key should start like this : -----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK----- and end like this: -----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----. For your private key it’s almost the same (except that PUBLIC will become PRIVATE).

Could you make sure that the server keys defined in your configuration file /config/passbolt.php, in passbolt.gpg.serverKey are following the right format and contain the right marker?

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.