How to complete initial API auth steps using Postman?

Hi. I’ve a self-hosted Passbolt installation. Now, I’m trying to use the API manually (using Postman). The first thing I do it’s:

GET {{BaseUrl}}/auth/verify.json

And I get a fingerprint and a keydate (public key block) as a response. Then, I save this public key block as publickey.pem and try to use it to encrypt a random text saved in random-string.txt using this command:

# openssl rsautl -encrypt -inkey publickey.pem -pubin -in random-string.txt -out random-string-encrypted.txt
unable to load Public Key

Like it’s possible to see, I get an error. Could you help me, please? Thanks.

@kevin maybe we could post that Google doc I was working on as a reference - I recall I used Postman for the steps. I could clean it up a bit for direct use if it may not still be headed for the blog. I would just need access to it again.

1 Like

@garrett Is that this one: Content for API Blog Article “Using Postman to get Familiar with Passbolt API” - Google Docs ?

@idsev89 you can also find example of authentication code in other projects such as:

2 Likes

@remy thanks that’s the one. I cleaned it up a bit and hope it helps. @idsev89 it is a walk through using Postman.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I’ll check the doc and the links and I’ll try to run it. I’ll be back to say how it was. Thanks @garrett and @remy.

1 Like

Hi @garrett and @remy. I could use the API using your guide. It was very useful. Probably it would be very interesting to publish it on official documentation. Thank you very much.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Remy,

Is it possible to share the Google Docs again? I am trying to do the validation server “men in the middle” but I am not able to get the token decrypted from the server.

Done. I thought this was published as a blog or on the help site.

Thanks for sharing the file. After checking your doc I can confirm I am doing the same steps but for some reason, the server keeps not replying the decrypted UUID.
How can I debug this? I have tried to see the logs on the passbolt server but they don’t say mutch.
Is there any setting that I should config in the passbolt server to enable this validation?