Installation issue for Ubuntu 22.04

Hi,

I am completly new on Linux ubunto and try passbolt…

Environment
HyperV 2019
VM: ubuntu-22.04.1-live-server-amd64 installed
VM patched and running good

Fail to install Passbolt like discribed in your documentaion.

Error:
E: Paket passbolt-ce-server kann nicht gefunden werden (cannot be find)

Is it my fault - and how can i fix this?

Hello @Max.Headroom, welcome to the forum! :slightly_smiling_face:

Is it possible to provide a bit more context?

• Which documentation have you followed? Can you share the link?
  • Did you tried to install Passbolt CE on a vanilla server? If no, which tweaks have you performed?
  • It could be a missing repository, at which step are you actually getting this error?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I used this one: Passbolt Help | Install Passbolt CE on Ubuntu 22.04

Server 2019 Hyper-V and Ubuntu x64 22.04.1 live server image as install source for ubuntu,

Exact the same, when i try this on a deskop version.

And this was the last action:

Step 3

Install passbolt official linux package

sudo apt install passbolt-ce-server

…and what is a “vanilla server”

Thx… Max

Update: Problem fixed: Ubuntu Desktop installed and all scripts runing perfectly.

Thx 4 help!

1 Like

“Vanilla server” is a server that is a fresh OS install with no other previous application installs, passbolt or otherwise. Just “plain vanilla” OS and new, which makes it likely passbolt will not conflict with other unexpected packages.

1 Like

Thanks for the informations you provided, indeed I should have explained what a vanilla server is, thanks @garrett for clarifying that.

Would it be possible for you to run a fresh new Ubuntu 22.04 virtual machine, but before doing anything you’ll run:

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

Then, you should follow the three first steps as you did previously but if you have an error you will copy/paste it here, so it will be easier for us to understand what is happening.
I think that you may get an output with a lot of text with something like Bad checksum. Aborting at the bottom meaning that the needed repository failed to get added correctly.

Thank you :slight_smile: