Is it possible to store Barcode in Passbolt?

Hello everybody,
I have question, avbout storing barcodes for MFA in the Passbolt.
Is there any possibility to create password and place barcode for MFA?
Any ideas?

Hi @luckyLuke

Welcome to the forum!

Tell me more - describe how you would use this barcode if it were possible.

In the place for comment for example if would be possible to add JPG file with picture of the barcode.
later you can scan this barcode and add in to Authenticator app.

@luckyLuke That’s a good question. At the moment, no - there is no “attach an image” feature. Vote here: As a user I can create resources with encrypted file attachement

Often there is an alphanumeric string that is also provided for a 3rd party’s MFA service, and that could be saved in the Description section.

However, it is important to also note that the Comments/Description section is not encrypted on the DB and is saved in plain text.

A workaround would be to provide a hyperlink to the image asset, versus displaying the image itself. Theoretically, if the image asset was accessible only via an internal network, those assets would be secured in their own way, and providing the hyperlink in plain text would possibly not be an insecure method, since external access to the image asset is not possible.

Whether that workaround is convenient or not, of course that’s a different matter.

I believe this become bigger issue and will be urgent very soon.
Those days almost all users using MFA. In lots of cases we need to store Barcodes for MFA, option to add barcode to user account will be crucial for our and many organisations.

@luckyLuke I agree, and I have noticed MFA processes are more often not providing the corresponding alphanumeric key. I am starting to see only QR code and recovery codes.