Issue with loading web pages in Chrome, one passbolt user across two Google profiles [clear cache after update]

Hey folks!

I have weird issue with my passbolt starting few hours ago.
Information:

• Latest version of debian package of passbolt
  • No errors in healthcheck
  • Debian 11
  • PHP 7.4

I can see my passbolt.com/healthcheck page, I can see the admin settings page, but I can not see users page and password pages. It’s looks like a screenshot in attachment.

No errors in console.

In the logs of nginx I see:
2023/04/07 22:41:19 [info] 17497#17497: *472500 client timed out (110: Connection timed out) while waiting for request, client: {my_IP}, server: 0.0.0.0:443

I also installed the chrome app and open it in chrome with different google user and everything it works.
Any ideas?

Hi @scipe Welcome to the forum!

If it works with Chrome and any user, it’s probably not your server.

I’m assuming Firefox is the browser with the blank screen?

Have to tried reinstalling the extension and recovering your user in Firefox?

The other thought is to Inspect the extension console and check for errors there.

On Firefox, you can go to: about:debugging#/runtime/this-firefox. Then locate Passbolt and click Inspect. A new tab for the console of the browser extension will appear.

hey! That’s that issue! It’s still the same Chrome Browser on the same laptop! I cannot even understand where I need to start searching.

Sorry, I’m not understanding, can you clarify:

• does it work at all? Which browser is working?
  • are you using Firefox? If so, are there errors on the console log for the extension?
  • what changed recently? Did this occur after an update?

does it work at all? Which browser is working?

Yes, it works.

are you using Firefox? If so, are there errors on the console log for the extension?

No. I am using Google Chrome. I don’t see any errors.

what changed recently? Did this occur after an update?

I think that the last thing I did was a update one of record. After I saw the issue I did upgrade debian 10 => 11 (because on debian 10 there was still php 5.3) and did all other updates includes rebooting. And yes, issue still here.

Inside my google chrome I have different profiles (of the browser it self). The system is works in one profile and not works in the second one. But the user still the same. Attaching screenshot.

p.s. But if I will open an system settings page on the right browser profile - page will opened without issues. All other pages not works.

Are you also attempting this with two different passbolt users? Or just one passbolt user, across two Google profiles?

Are you also attempting this with two different passbolt users? Or just one passbolt user, across two Google profiles?

same passbolt user

Just found this. In your case are you saying it was working with only one passbolt user recently?

Just found this. In your case are you saying it was working with only one passbolt user recently?

I don’t think that it’s related to my issue. The way how can I manage different users - using the different browsers (chrome with different profiles equals to different browsers).

Yes, I am using only ONE passbolt user.

I will try to reproduce.

if you want we can hop in zoom later and check it together on my laptop and server.

Even with two guest users in Chrome, I can access one passbolt user simultaneously. Both extensions were logged in, and I created a record in one. Refreshed in the second and saw the password.

Then, I edited the password in the first. Was ok in the second.

Then, I deleted the password in the first. In the second I tried to edit the password. The edit window would pop up but then close. Refreshsing the screen made the password disappear.

I could not reproduce at least with these steps.

You could open the Chrome extension console for the one that is not working to see.

On Chrome:
New tab > go to chrome://extensions > look for passbolt card > details > inspect views section > click index.html > copy errors under console tab

But I would say reinstalling the extension in the profile that is not working would be a first thing to try if you have not already done it.

Thanks for sharing me this way to look at the extensions logs! I found the issue in the extensions logs and already fixed that with dropping the cache. Many many thanks for you!

1 Like

Which cache was it you dropped to fix it?

Which cache was it you dropped to fix it?

Inside the extensions (disable cache).

1 Like