It seems my passbolt Fingerprint doesn't match my actual fingerprint

Checklist
[ x ] I have read intro post: About the Installation Issues category
[ x ] I have read the tutorials, help and searched for similar issues
[ x ] I provide relevant information about my server (component names and versions, etc.)
I provide a copy of my logs and healthcheck
[ x ] I describe the steps I have taken to trouble shoot the problem
[ x ] I describe the steps on how to reproduce the issue

Sooo, i didn’t complete the checklist because the problem unables me to but I’d like some help if possible.

I’m running a Rocky-Linux-9 in a vm, installed the CE passbolt following the redhat tutorial, it occurred an error installing mariadb at the end but I just installed mariadb by myself following the tutorial from source-code, the ssl I did manually and it all works perfectly.

I discovered the problem when I went to make use of passbolt api.
Just for the context I have another installation from source in another vm running Rocky-Linux-8 where I made use of the api with the scripts I already have, in this installation it’s all running smooth and in the vm is installed the fingerprint I use to te Api, wasn’t me who did the installation on this.

Theres one problem where I cant even run the healthcheck on this new installation, it returns:

PHP Warning:  require(/var/www/passbolt/vendor/autoload.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/passbolt/bin/cake.php on line 5
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Failed opening required '/var/www/passbolt/vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/passbolt/bin/cake.php:5
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/passbolt/bin/cake.php on line 5

And main thing that bothers me is, in this fresh installation when I go to /auth/verify.json it returns a different fingerprint than the one installed in the machine, I tried to import the ones in the app/config/gpg folder and they’re different, can someone help me troubleshoot this? I mainly need the fingerprint to use the Api scripts we have.

In advance, thanks.

Hello @htmluz , welcome to our community :wink:

It looks like there is a conflict between package and source installation (Failed opening required '/var/www/passbolt/vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php')

What was the MariaDB error when you followed the installation guide? Can you describe the steps taken after manually installing MariaDB?

Would you recomend removing this installation and installing it again? If so, how could I clean all the instalation?

In the sha512sum part it all echoed successfully in the screen, the only error thrown was in mariadb, I didn’t sha512sum with sudo since it was all in my user directory, the installation was sudo dnf as in tutorial

The error in mariadb was:

Error:
 Problem: cannot install the best candidate for the job
  - nothing provides libcrypto.so.10()(64bit) needed by mysql-community-server-8.0.35-1.el7.x86_64 from mysql80-community
  - nothing provides libssl.so.10()(64bit) needed by mysql-community-server-8.0.35-1.el7.x86_64 from mysql80-community
  - nothing provides libcrypto.so.10(libcrypto.so.10)(64bit) needed by mysql-community-server-8.0.35-1.el7.x86_64 from mysql80-community
  - nothing provides libssl.so.10(libssl.so.10)(64bit) needed by mysql-community-server-8.0.35-1.el7.x86_64 from mysql80-community
  - nothing provides libcrypto.so.10(OPENSSL_1.0.2)(64bit) needed by mysql-community-server-8.0.35-1.el7.x86_64 from mysql80-community
(try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages or '--nobest' to use not only best candidate packages)

I proceeded installing with --nobest option using yum and created the passbolt table following exactly the source-code tutorial. The rest of the installation seemed to work since it created the nginx conf files and it work from there.

Hi :wave:

You are running a RockyLinux version 9 and trying to setup a mysql server for CentOS 7. There is a el7 in your package name who means this package is for CentOS 7, or any Redhat clone in version 7.

Please don’t do that :pray:

RockyLinux 9 comes with mariadb server properly packaged and passbolt works fine with this package.

If you absolutely want to use MySQL, please use repositories for Redhat 9 and derivatives, not the 7 flavor.

Best,

ohh got it, didn’t paid attention and it explains a lot, will try a new clean installation frokm source code, thanks a lot for the explanation!

1 Like