Login page is showing extension as not installed with API v2

We have a couple of users on MacOs BigSur who have a strange problem with the plugin when using google chrome.

1. Cleared all browser data for the last few weeks
  2. Uninstall the Chrome Browser Extension
  3. Reinstall The Browser Extension
  4. Run Disk Repair to Make Sure No OS issues

And they still get the same message when attempting to go login into Passbolt URL that the plugin is not installed. We have upgraded two machines to Monterey, thinking that would solve the problem.

I don’t know if I now need to look at the server as we have over 175 other users accessing the server without issue. Any suggestions before going to the nuclear option and wiping the OS on the computer to see if that fixes the problem. We are fully remote, so I cant hand him another machine to try and login to after performing an account recovery on the device.

Hi @SPRKR2021 :wave: and welcome to Passbolt community forum :handshake:

Which passbolt version are you running (you can mouseover heart on bottom right of web UI) on which operating system name and version ? Did you install passbolt with a package, from source or maybe docker ?
Client side, which Google Chrome version are you using ? This error occurs only with Chrome and not Firefox ?

Thanks for your answer, it will give us a clearer picture.

Best,

Passbolt Version 2.12.0/3.4.0
MacOS BigSur 11.6
Chrome Version 96.0.4664.110 (Official Build) (arm64)
Not installed via a package just manual install
The error occurs in both Chrome and FireFox

it should be noted that this in only occurring on 5 machines out of the nearly two hundred machines we have with active passbolt accounts

3.4.0 is the passbolt web browser extension
2.12.0 is your passbolt version.

As @cedric said elsewhere:

If you are running an API v2.x with the latest browser extension, this is an expected regression. The home page of the application has evolved and the legacy API v2.x home page doesn’t display the link to recover your account anymore.
You have 2 options:

You should upgrade your passbolt server to the latest version.