Extension google chrome not detected when using passbolt api v2

hi, when i go to http://xxx.xx.xx.xx/auth/login? It asks me to install the plug in and I proceed to install it once the extension has been added, I go back in and it asks me again to install the plug in

Hi @fabiovega :wave: and welcome to Passbolt community forum :handshake:

It is an old bug who has been fixed, are you running the last Passbolt version ?

And also which Chrome version are you running ?

Best regards,

Hi I have the same exact issue.
Google Chrome Version 96.0.4664.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi @andgatt :wave:

Which Passbolt version are you running ? You can mouseover the heart at the bottom right of the Web UI to know it.

Best,

Hello !
I have the same issue.
The passbolt version that I am using is the 3.4.0, (while the last tag on the repo Releases · passbolt/passbolt_browser_extension · GitHub is the 3.3.1).
And I am using chrome version 90.0.4430.72 (Official Build) (64 bits).

PS: The passbolt browser app is the one coming from here: Passbolt - Open source password manager - Chrome Web Store

Starting from the version 3 of the API when you don’t have the passbolt extension or the extension is not configured you should see this screen:

If you are running an API below the version 3, you can trigger the recovery process by going to the /users/recover URL

1 Like

Thanks @max for the answer.
But I am seeing a screen that is only offering to download and install the plugin. (While it is installed and present in the extensions of my browser). Sooo, I am in neither cases. ^^’

I checked on firefox, and I don’t have this issue, everything works as previously. It is only present with chrome.

EDIT: Another colleague tested, and it is not working neither on firefox, nor on chrome.

Can’t give you the version as since I have the extension installed it is showing to install again. Can’t access passbolt.

My issue is fixed…
It was just a matter of using the correct link with the token in it, instead of trying to directly access the passbolt instance. :man_facepalming:
Sorry for my noise.

2 Likes

I’m also having this same issue, chrome Version 96.0.4664.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)

removed and added passbolt

localhost:9099/auth/login asks for plugin to be installed even though it is.

Clicking the plugin in the extension bar just takes me to your homepage.

@Matt11 If you are running an API v2.x with the latest browser extension, this is an expected regression. The home page of the application has evolved and the legacy API v2.x home page doesn’t display the link to recover your account anymore.

You have 2 options:

• You can go to https://localhost:9099/users/recover and request a recovery token. You will then receive an email with a link to follow to initiate your account recovery.
  • You can update your API to the latest version, the online documentation is complete and will guide you step by step: Passbolt Help | Upgrade

A post was split to a new topic: Extension not loading with chrome

Same issue seems happening now.

I’m using Passbolt Chrome Extension v3.5.0.
Yesterday (2022 Mar 20) Chrome updated to 99.0.4844.82, and I cannot login to my admin account.
I tried to recover, but it stuck at the extension checking page.

I have the extension. It kept asking me to install the extension and refresh.

Any thing I can do?

Hi @leon :wave:

Did you try to clear your browser cache and cookies ? => chrome://settings/clearBrowserData

Thank you for your feedback,

Best,