Mobile App for passbolt

I just installed and enabled the mobile app! Just used it to log in here! It’s amazing! So far works like a charm. Will report any issues I may come across. Thanks!

2 Likes

Is this available for self-hosted solutions? I’m not seeing the Mobile tab in my Profile.

Yes, you can use it with your self-hosted passbolt instance. I have tried it and it works great!

You just need to update it to the latest version and enabled it in your ./config/passbolt.php. see the instructions for that here: https://blog.passbolt.com/passbolt-mobile-app-is-here-e36f6cb9339b

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t use Android App

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t use mobile app

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unable to scan QR Code

Follow-up Question for the developers: While reviewing the feature set here:Passbolt | Passbolt Pro - Self Hosted pricing
I see that the Mobile App is not listed under Passbolt Community Edition.
Will the Mobile App be supported on Passbolt Community Edition after the beta is completed?

Hi @Roberts,

The mobile apps will remain available for CE and PRO edition even when we will go live.

Cheers,
Max

1 Like

Thank you very much.

When will I be able to use the mobile app with the cloud version of Passbolt?

Hi @MarioDBKC

We are working on it, it should be done in the coming days.

Stay tuned,
Max

Hello,

i am very new to passbolt.
i have installed it on ubuntu 20.04.3
passbolt runs so far so good. Now i have make the changes vor mobile app, but scanning QR-Code does not working on my iphone. “Server not reachable.”

The Server is only reacheable in Local Network and over VPN. A direct Connection from the Web is not wished.

I want to use an self signed certificate, because the server is not reacheable from www.

what can i do to get iphone app working?

Greetings

@Inno Hi, I believe the only requirement would be VPN on your phone.

VPN is not the problem. The problem what i have is that the server is not reachable from iphone App in local network. But server is reachable from iphone per browser.

first i want to have the app working on local network.

@Inno I may be misunderstanding, but if you are able to access the server via the browser, and the server is only accessible via the local network, then the browser is using the local network and is evidence your phone is reaching the server successfully. Therefore, the apps on your device can also reach locations in your local network.

Hi @Inno / @garrett

We made some other investigations with mobile app and self-signed certificates.

To be able to use mobile app with self-signed certificate, you must add this certificate in your iPhone:

• Put certificate on your iPhone (send it by email or other)
  • Click on it
  • Go to Settings app and select “Profile Downloaded”
  • Install certificate

Once certificate installed, go to Setting app > General > About and select Certificate Trust Settings and enable your certificate from there.

Regarding your self-signed certificate, you must generate it with a Subject Alternative Name, the correct command to do this is:

openssl req -x509 -newkey rsa:4096 \
	-keyout key.pem \
 	-out cert.pem \
	-days 365 -nodes  \
	-addext "subjectAltName = DNS:passbolt.domain.tld" \
	-subj "/C=LU/ST=Luxembourg/L=Esch-Sur-Alzette/O=Passbolt SA/OU=Passbolt IT Team/CN=passbolt.domain.tld/"

Of course, replace passbolt.domain.tld with your domain. If you plan to use an IP address, you will have to replace DNS: with IP: in the subjectAltName.

If IP is 192.168.1.5:

openssl req -x509 -newkey rsa:4096 \
	-keyout key.pem \
 	-out cert.pem \
	-days 365 -nodes  \
	-addext "subjectAltName = IP:192.168.1.5" \
	-subj "/C=LU/ST=Luxembourg/L=Esch-Sur-Alzette/O=Passbolt SA/OU=Passbolt IT Team/CN=192.168.1.5/"

Documentations on help site will be updated in the coming days.

Yes, should be, but doesn´t work. I am not the only one whith this problem. I see many people whith the same problem here on forum. Mostly it seem´s to be a problem whith the ssl certificate, but i can´t figure it out by my self.

I tried this way with import the cert in my iphone and do this steps exactly in this way, but it doesn´t work. The same mistake.

Sorry, I was misunderstnding. For my own learning, as I don’t use iPhone, is Server Not Reachable a phone message or app message?

Do you see some DNS or IP entry if you check your generated certificate with this openssl command ?

openssl x509 -text -noout -in /path/to/your/cert.pem | grep -E "(DNS|IP)"

If yes, does it matches with your fullBaseURL set in your /etc/passbolt/passbolt.php configuration file ? It must matches.