Need to change email address for notification

Checklist
I have read intro post: About the Installation Issues category
I have read the tutorials, help and searched for similar issues
I provide relevant information about my server (component names and versions, etc.)
I provide a copy of my logs and healthcheck
I describe the steps I have taken to trouble shoot the problem
I describe the steps on how to reproduce the issue

Hi, I have an issue regarding email notifications. IP address of smtp server that I used before no longer useful, I have to change ip address in passbolt configuration. but I cant log in my web UI. I cant receive mail that passbolt sends me. I found that in newer versions email address is not configurable from config/passbolt.php, and it can be configured from webUI only, email ip address is located in passbolt database that is encrypted with servers GPG public key.

Do you have some workaround solution for that case?

Hello @branguman , welcome to our community :slight_smile:

What you can do is to generate a recover link, since you mentioned config/passbolt.php did you installed it from source? If so:

sudo su -s /bin/bash -c "/var/www/passbolt/bin/cake passbolt recover_user -c -u YOUREMAIL@DOMAIN" www-data

If it’s a package installation it will be:

sudo su -s /bin/bash -c "/usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake passbolt recover_user -c -u YOUREMAIL@DOMAIN" www-data

That will generate a recover link that you can use to proceed to the account recovery.

thanks for quick reply, I use package installation but version 4.4.1
pbadm@pb:~$ apt list | grep passbolt

WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.

passbolt-ce-server/focal 4.4.1-1 all [upgradable from: 4.4.0-1]
pbadm@pb:~$

Thanks for letting me know, in that case, can you try to run:

sudo su -s /bin/bash -c "/usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake passbolt recover_user -c -u YOUREMAIL@DOMAIN" www-data

Don’t forget to remplace the placeholder with the email associated to your passbolt account.

passbolt cant send me recovery mail for incorrect configuration of smtp server ip address

That command will works even with incorrect or not working smtp configuration. That will generate a recover link.

I’ve got that link, how can I use it?

You will need to copy and paste what has been generated after your fullBaseUrl. You’ve shared a screenshot of the “Check your mailbox” from the UI above.

Navigate to this passbolt url and add what has been generated.

For example, if your instance is running on https://passbolt.local, please copy what has been generated from the CLI (https://passbolt.local/setup/recover/start … )

1 Like

Thanks, I have successfully recovered my account and then changed smtp server settings.

:grinning:

1 Like