Recieve Test Email, But No Others

I am trying to get emails sent so I can log back into my account. I am running Passbolt in a Docker container. My biggest issue is that I am struggling to try the solutions that have appeared in other posts on here. I am not very skilled at the Docker CLI, so I am not sure how to get the cron.log, for example. When I type /var/log/cron.log, it says there isn’t a file or directory.

Checklist
[X] I have read intro post: About the Installation Issues category
[X] I have read the tutorials, help and searched for similar issues
[ ] I provide relevant information about my server (component names and versions, etc.)
[ ] I provide a copy of my logs and healthcheck
[ ] I describe the steps I have taken to trouble shoot the problem
[ ] I describe the steps on how to reproduce the issue

Environment

[PASS] PHP version 7.4.25.
[PASS] PCRE compiled with unicode support.
[PASS] The temporary directory and its content are writable and not executable.
[PASS] The logs directory and its content are writable.
[PASS] GD or Imagick extension is installed.
[PASS] Intl extension is installed.
[PASS] Mbstring extension is installed.

Config files

[PASS] The application config file is present
[WARN] The passbolt config file is missing in /etc/passbolt/
[HELP] Copy /etc/passbolt/passbolt.default.php to /etc/passbolt/passbolt.php
[HELP] The passbolt config file is not required if passbolt is configured with environment variables

Core config

[PASS] Debug mode is off.
[PASS] Cache is working.
[PASS] Unique value set for security.salt
[PASS] Full base url is set to https://domain.com
[PASS] App.fullBaseUrl validation OK.
[PASS] /healthcheck/status is reachable.

SSL Certificate

[PASS] SSL peer certificate validates
[PASS] Hostname is matching in SSL certificate.
[PASS] Not using a self-signed certificate

Database

[PASS] The application is able to connect to the database
[PASS] 26 tables found
[PASS] Some default content is present
[PASS] The database schema up to date.

GPG Configuration

[PASS] PHP GPG Module is installed and loaded.
[PASS] The environment variable GNUPGHOME is set to /var/lib/passbolt/.gnupg.
[PASS] The directory /var/lib/passbolt/.gnupg containing the keyring is writable by the webserver user.
[FAIL] The server OpenPGP key is not set
[HELP] Create a key, export it and add the fingerprint to config/passbolt.php
[HELP] See. Passbolt Help | Installation
[PASS] The public key file is defined in config/passbolt.php and readable.
[PASS] The private key file is defined in config/passbolt.php and readable.
[FAIL] The server key fingerprint doesn’t match the one defined in config/passbolt.php.
[HELP] Double check the key fingerprint, example:
[HELP] sudo su -s /bin/bash -c “gpg --list-keys --fingerprint --home /var/lib/passbolt/.gnupg” root | grep -i -B 2 ‘SERVER_KEY_EMAIL’
[HELP] SERVER_KEY_EMAIL: The email you used when you generated the server key.
[HELP] See. Passbolt Help | Installation
[FAIL] The server public key defined in the config/passbolt.php (or environment variables) is not in the keyring
[HELP] Import the private server key in the keyring of the webserver user.
[HELP] you can try:
[HELP] sudo su -s /bin/bash -c “gpg --home /var/lib/passbolt/.gnupg --import /etc/passbolt/gpg/serverkey_private.asc” root
[FAIL] The server key does not have a valid email id.
[HELP] Edit or generate another key with a valid email id.

Application configuration

[PASS] Using latest passbolt version (3.5.0).
[PASS] Passbolt is configured to force SSL use.
[PASS] App.fullBaseUrl is set to HTTPS.
[PASS] Selenium API endpoints are disabled.
[PASS] Search engine robots are told not to index content.
[PASS] Registration is closed, only administrators can add users.
[PASS] Serving the compiled version of the javascript app
[PASS] All email notifications will be sent.

JWT Authentication

[PASS] The JWT Authentication plugin is enabled
[PASS] The /etc/passbolt/jwt/ directory is not writable.
[PASS] A valid JWT key pair was found

[FAIL] 4 error(s) found. Hang in there!

Hi @Correllion115 Welcome to the forum!

For Docker command line examples docker exec | Docker Documentation

Passbolt Help | Docker passbolt installation is the page for passbolt’s Docker install instructions.

Are you meeting all of the requirements like functional SMTP mail service? Are you using a real email address? How far did you get in the process on this page and what errors did you run into? The healthcheck is helpful, thanks. It shows what is failing and has suggested commands to run but this may indicate your install failed along the way - the config file in /etc/passbolt is missing, for example. If you just installed for the first time you may want to start over and note where the problems first occur.

It is easier to help on a specific step rather than try to fix it after potentially multiple errors.

Yes, I can send the test email over the command line and I’ve logged in using the link after set up. As far as the missing file I think what may have happened is that I tried to map the config location to a mounted location and it didn’t like that; nothing was ever written to that mounted location. I will probably start over and see how it goes. Is there a reason that mapping /etc/passbolt/config to a mounted location would not work? Do I need to give Passbolt permissions to use that?

@Correllion115 Ah, I see. The recommended way is to use environment variables and the link to these is at the end of the Going Further list on the instructions page (near the bottom).

There are already two files with environment variables in the docker-compose/env project path, so it’s looking for your configuration variables found there.

So I decided to reinstall. I was using environment variables before, so I kept the same configuration. I deleted and recreated the database. I still am getting the config file missing error. Do all of the environment variables need to be specifically called out, or will the ones I don’t call out just take the default value? I also am having issues with the self signed certificate, though I don’t remember how I had that configured last time. Here is a link to the health check for the new container. Also, the test email sends.

Welp, I just did another reinstall and it’s working, including the non-test emails. Thanks for the help.

1 Like