Request for new language - Russian

Thanks for taking the call and your contribution. We’ll update this thread when the translation will be scheduled for release.

Hi, any good news? when the translation will be scheduled for release? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, I am also impatiently waiting for news on the release of the Russian language in the program. Are there any deadlines for implementation?

@cedric Hi! I’m also waiting for news about the release in Russian. Could you tell us when it is planned?

Hello guys,

I can share a guide about how to have russian translation in your passbolt instance, until it becomes available in a future version of passbolt.

Crowdin

Create an account and login on https://passbolt.crowdin.com/

On the top right, click on “Go to console” button:

Click on passbolt “View project”:

Search for “Russian” and click on it:

You can also go directly here: Russian language on crowdin

Finally, click on the download button on the top right:

Extract the Passbolt (ru).zip file you just downloaded, you will see these folders:

on the passbolt server

In the [passbolt.passbolt-styleguide] release, you will find a ru-RU folder you have to copy on your passbolt server in /usr/share/php/passbolt/webroot/locales

In the ru-RU folder, there is a common.json file starting with these lines:

{
  "(folder)": "(папка)",
  "(Folder) new owner:": "(Папка) новый владелец:",
  "(group)": "(группа)",

In the /usr/share/php/passbolt/plugins/PassboltCe/Locale/config folder, open the config.php file who contains the list of supported languages. Add Russian to the list:

[
                        'locale' => 'ru-RU',
                        'label' => 'Russian',
                    ],

Browser extension

russian translation needs to be added to the passbolt browser extension. You will have to install your own modified copy of the extension. Don’t be afraid, it is easy-peasy.

Download the latest browser extension release for your browser from github: Releases · passbolt/passbolt_browser_extension · GitHub

Extract it.

In the folder you extracted the extension, you will have to copy 2 ru-RU folders.

The one from [passbolt.passbolt-styleguide] release folder needs to be copied in build/all/webAccessibleResources/locales/ (yes it is the one you already copied on your passbolt server).

The one from [passbolt.passbolt-browser-extension] release needs to be copied on build/all/locales

That’s it.

On your browser, go to the extentions page and enable the developer mode:

It is mandatory to be able to install custom extensions.

On the top left of the extensions page, click on “Load unpacked”:

On the screenshot above, I have on the right the official extension disabled and my modified extension with ru-RU language activated.

Select the build/all folder to install:

Clear all cookies from your browser and go to your passbolt main url. It will trigger an account recovery (you will receive an email with a link to recover your account, you need your recovery kit to recover your account as you may know :slight_smile: ).

Once logged, go to your personal profile:

Click on the “edit” button on the top:

Choose Russian:

If you are here, you can be proud as your passbolt is translated in russian language :partying_face: (except for the “email” word :confused: )

Please enjoy!

2 Likes

Hi everybody. I saw Russification came out, tell me, will there be an update to Balena Hub?

Hi @eleimt

I just pushed 4.6.0-1 passbolt release on Balena: balenaHub - IoT embedded device apps, edge computing resources, and developer tools

Please enjoy!

1 Like

Hi
I succeed deploy with Rus version. Thanks!

1 Like