Sending email with smtp-relay.gmail.com using google workspace

Hi All,

I have kinda of hit a wall here with by googleing. At first I was only able to send the test emails via the web interface(smtp test). However when creating a new user, they never get an email. After some searching. I found that i needed to add a few lines to the passbolt.php file. I added the Client IP address and i then was able to do my test emailed via the commandline.

However with that said, Im still not getting new users emails. I have checked google workspace and im not seeing anything from my IP address. So its not in spam.

My setup is on a Digital Ocean VM. I used the pre-made image on the marketplace with them. The SMTP is using not username or password since I have setup open relay on our google apps for just our servers IP address. Below is an image of the test email working.

Any help would be great. Thank you all.

Checklist
I have read intro post: About the Installation Issues category
I have read the tutorials, help and searched for similar issues
I provide relevant information about my server (component names and versions, etc.)
I provide a copy of my logs and healthcheck
I describe the steps I have taken to trouble shoot the problem
I describe the steps on how to reproduce the issue

Hi,

Did you made your crontab ?

Regards,

1 Like

Hello @ghostwalker42

Do you have a Google Workspace Business subscription?
If that is not the case are you able to try with smtp.gmail.com instead of the provided one?

Thanks.

I did not make any crontab. Where would I check to see if they are their.

You can verify if the service is running by executing this command:

sudo systemctl status cron.service

You can also verify cronjobs activity with this command:

sudo journalctl -fu cron.service

We have a dedicated guide that you can find here that could help :slight_smile:

Cron does look to be running. Here is the output of the job.

What is the output of the Healthcheck?

bin/cake passbolt healthcheck --smtpSettings

Sorry for being a noob, Here is the outout of the healthcheck.

Ah yes then this one:

su -s /bin/bash -c “/usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake passbolt healthcheck --smtpSettings” www-data

Thank you for the command, HEre is the output of the test. Looks like a few things failed.

As I mentionned before, are you a Google Workspace Business user? Following this source and some google researches it seems that:

Again, if that is not the case could you try to use smtp.gmail.com ?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Thank you for the input, We are a google workspace for business. So we can’t use the SMTP.Gmail.com

If you search for them, there are a couple lengthy threads specific to getting gmail smtp to work. They are some of the longest threads in the forum.

2 Likes