SQL Errors right after install via docker

Hello folks,

first up some information about my setup:

Server running on Debian 9.4. On there I use Docker with one container for mysql 8 and one container with the :latest passbolt. I did install passbolt now several times and figured some important stuff out but now I’m stuck on one error I can’t get rid of. On the main server I’ve a self-signed Certificate and https:// is so far working fine. I wired port 443 -> 5081 and call on my browser passbolt with the base url: https://passbolt.company.local:5081

Here is my healthcheck:

Healthcheck shell       
---------------------------------------------------------------

Environment

[PASS] PHP version 7.2.6.
 [PASS] PCRE compiled with unicode support.
 [PASS] The temporary directory and its content are writable.
 [PASS] The public image directory and its content are writable.
 [PASS] The logs directory and its content are writable.
 [PASS] GD or Imagick extension is installed.
 [PASS] Intl extension is installed.
 [PASS] Mbstring extension is installed.

Config files

[PASS] The application config file is present
 [PASS] The passbolt config file is present

Core config

[FAIL] Debug mode is on.
  [HELP] Set debug = false; in config/passbolt.php
 [PASS] Cache is working.
 [PASS] Unique value set for security.salt
 [PASS] Full base url is set to https://passbolt.ilgenfritz.local:5081
 [PASS] App.fullBaseUrl validation OK.
 [PASS] /healthcheck/status is reachable.

SSL Certificate

[FAIL] SSL peer certificate does not validate
 [FAIL] Hostname does not match when validating certificates.
 [WARN] Using a self-signed certificate
  [HELP] fopen(): Peer certificate CN=`www.passbolt.local' did not match expected CN=`passbolt.ilgenfritz.local'
fopen(): Failed to enable crypto
fopen(https://passbolt.ilgenfritz.local:5081/healthcheck/status.json): failed to open stream: operation failed

Database

[PASS] The application is able to connect to the database
 [PASS] 18 tables found
 [PASS] Some default content is present
 [PASS] The database schema up to date.

GPG Configuration

[PASS] PHP GPG Module is installed and loaded.
 [PASS] The server gpg key is not the default one
 [PASS] The environment variable GNUPGHOME is set to /home/www-data/.gnupg.
 [PASS] The directory /home/www-data/.gnupg containing the keyring is writable by the webserver user.
 [PASS] The public key file is defined in config/passbolt.php and readable.
 [PASS] The private key file is defined in config/passbolt.php and readable.
 [PASS] The server key fingerprint matches the one defined in config/passbolt.php.
 [PASS] The server public key defined in the config/passbolt.php is in the keyring.
 [PASS] There is a valid email id defined for the server key.
 [PASS] The public key can be used to encrypt a message.
 [PASS] The private key can be used to sign a message.
 [PASS] The public and private keys can be used to encrypt and sign a message.
 [PASS] The private key can be used to decrypt a message.
 [PASS] The private key can be used to decrypt and verify a message.
 [PASS] The public key can be used to verify a signature.

Application configuration

[FAIL] Could not connect to passbolt repository to check versions. It is not possible check if your version is up to date.
  [HELP] Check the network configuration to allow this script to check for updates.
 [PASS] Passbolt is configured to force SSL use.
 [PASS] App.fullBaseUrl is set to HTTPS.
 [PASS] Selenium API endpoints are disabled.
 [PASS] Search engine robots are told not to index content.
 [PASS] Registration is closed, only administrators can add users.
 [PASS] Serving the compiled version of the javascript app
 [PASS] All email notifications will be sent.

4 error(s) found. Hang in there!

I’m not really sure why SSL is failing, I had no time yet to look into that. First I wanted to get rid of the other problem. But if someone has an idea where to look at :slight_smile: that would be nice as well.

Now the main issue I have:
I did the install, set up the gpg key and email. I was able to create the admin user and setup the account. Right after login I got every time I clicked somewhere 2 internal server errors. With “docker attach passbolt” I also saw only the 500 error but no description. After turning debug mode on I got this: Error SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘groups Groups LEFT JOIN groups_users GroupsUsers ON Groups.id = (GroupsUsers.gro’ at line 1

Also I’m getting this in the webbrowser console:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
steal.production.js?v=2.1.0:11 Potentially unhandled rejection [3] {"code":500} (WARNING: non-Error used)
undefined.c @ steal.production.js?v=2.1.0:11
:5081/resources.json?api-version=v2?silentLoading=false&contain%5Bcreator%5D=1&contain%5Bfavorite%5D=1&contain%5Bmodifier%5D=1&contain%5Bsecret%5D=1&contain%5Bpermission%5D=1&contain%5Btag%5D=1&order%5B%5D=Resource.modified+DESC:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
:5081/groups.json?contain%5Bmy_group_user%5D=1&order%5B%5D=Group.name+ASC&filter%5Bhas-users%5D=03334d9d-460f-4a3f-946f-ad3713979455&api-version=v2:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
steal.production.js?v=2.1.0:11 Potentially unhandled rejection [8] {"code":500} (WARNING: non-Error used)
undefined.c @ steal.production.js?v=2.1.0:11

I’m really not sure what I’ve done. It is a clean install with the latest passbolt. Any help would be much appriciated :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help already :slight_smile:
kind regards

Florian

Checklist
[x] I have read intro post: About the Installation Issues category
[x] I have read the tutorials, help and searched for similar issues
[x] I provide relevant information about my server (component names and versions, etc.)
[x] I provide a copy of my logs and healthcheck
[x] I describe the steps I have taken to trouble shoot the problem
[? ] I describe the steps on how to reproduce the issue

@flogalen it’s possible there are some issues with SQL on Mysql8, can you try to use mariadb or mysql5 instead?

I did a complete new install with mysql 5.7 and now I don’t have any Internal Server Errors :smile:

only thing left now is that my healthcheck is acting up, but still everything works just fine. I could not figure out the SSL issue or the repository connection.

Thank you for your quick response. Guess I’ll stick to mysql 5.7 :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.