Blank login page error

Hello, i had version 4.1.0. Noticed the blank issue and after it tried to upgrade to the latest version but it did not fix the issue.

Did the issue occur when you updated to 4.1.0 or were you on 4.1.0 for a while before it happened?

Hello, i did not have any problems when updating to 4.1.0.

Also i just installed test server that is behind the same reverse proxy and also that test server gives same blank screen. So its reverse proxy error??

I want also highlight that when i first installed passbolt there was NO problems with reverse proxy and the reverse proxy configuration have been the same past 3 years.

I can’t confirm that since the installation was made with the latest version (4.2.0) and i don’t see way to install older version of passbolt anywhere.

Yea this seems like a reverse proxy issue. It looks like you are using the IP address in the reverse proxy which could be causing this. I’d try changing the fullBaseURL to the IP address to get this working, or use the domain name in the reverse proxy.

For reference the image I pasted with the error has a fullBaseURL of https://passbolt.local and I am accessing it on https://127.0.0.1 which is why it is giving me that issue.

Hello, i tried that what you suggested and it did not fix the issue. I tried to recreate same reverse proxy combination to other network without any issues including blank login page.

and when you import the data to that other instance you still don’t have the blank page?

Hello, when i import data to the other server, it gives blank page too.

I too am getting the exact same issue.

Fresh install on docker in debian. All goes well until adding the new user and attempted to browse the address given after creation.

The login page does not load, and the URL prodcued after creating the new user does not load.

This was not after a update, but a fresh install.

Thanks

hey @deanfourie welcome to the forum. Could you start a new topic to work on your issue?

If you could include your docker compose file and a screenshot of the page not loading that would definitely help

Actually I just resolved this.

I noticed that I was not able to access passbolt via the FQDN, and the IP address was bringing up a blank page.

I attempted to ping the hostname at passbolt.local and the request timed out, so clearly there was no DNS entry for this hostname.

I then manually added the hostname in my hosts file (or this should prob be done on DNS server) and then passbolt.local resolved to the correct IP.

Refreshed again and all working fine now. It obviously wants to see the FQDN for some reason.

Thanks