Default Operation Request - Initial List Default to "Favorites" or "Items I Own"

Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
Significantly improve the long load waiting time and server resources encountered every time someone opens Passbolt

Q2 - Who is impacted?
EVERYONE

Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
Its a simple fix with significant benefits

Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional)
When opening Passbolt the default screen/list is “All Items” which takes considerable time to load as well as server resources if you have lots entries. This quickly multiplies by a significant factor when you have a team of users sharing Passbolt.

If the default opening list could be set to “FAVORITES” or “ITEMS I OWN” (normally a much smaller subset of password entries) then this would eliminate the huge hit every time someone logs into Passbolt. Even better would be user config setting to provide everyone their own choice of 'Default List" to open.

2 Likes

I totally agree with this request. As I work in a 60 people company, we do have a lot of passwords shared across all the teams.

Once I’m logged in the browser extension it takes about 12 seconds to load the full list of passwords. That would be great if the default list could be the favorites items which takes about 1/5 of the time to load.

If not possible, could you add URL parameters that could load a specific view (like a search ?search=foo a group ?group=the-group-name, or the favorites)

Thanks for looking into it
Timothée