Scrolling not advancing or refreshing list of password entries

After installing Passbolt and adding over 400 passwords and 50+ users, I’m finding that the main view under either the default page or [domain]/app/passwords is no longer loading the next set of passwords, beyond 50 entries. Oddly, if I check the box for selecting all, Passbolt selects 400+ entries, but I cannot scroll to see more past a certain time frame or letter when sorted alphabetically by resource.

This is in Chrome and was working before just fine, so perhaps it is a bug after reaching a certain threshold of passwords, users, database size? Locally, I cleared cache, cookies, and restarted browser/machine. I also rebooted the Passbolt server we set up at my workplace to host everything (CentOS 7).

I found another topic (1621) describing similar behavior, but it appears the submitter did not clarify the circumstances or provide the required details and the topic closed without resolution.

More importantly, I get the same scrolling issue I describe, regardless of whether the browser is maximized or not.

Passbolt Extension, 2.10.2, server side is community edition of the latest version as of 7/8/19

Checklist
[ x] I have read intro post: About the Installation Issues category
[ x] I have read the tutorials, help and searched for similar issues [found one, closed without details]
[ x] I provide relevant information about my server (component names and versions, etc.)
[ ] I provide a copy of my logs and healthcheck [documentation on how to get/provide this unclear]
[ x] I describe the steps I have taken to trouble shoot the problem
[ x] I describe the steps on how to reproduce the issue

Thanks for the report. Do you have any errors showing in the browser console?
Pinging @cedric who’s most qualified to help with this item, to ask for further questions.

Hi, @remy, please forgive my ignorance, how do I check the browser console for Chrome and look for errors? I Googled it and found discussion regarding Firefox or adding Javascript Dev Tools, but no immediately obvious answer.

*Update: found this:

keyboard shortcut :

1 Like

No shame in asking. On chrome you can right click on the page an click inspect, you can then select the tab β€œconsole”.

Then to check the errors that are specific to the extension you need to chrome://extensions/ and click on β€œinspect views: index.html” on the passbolt extension card. That will also open another debug panel, where you can click on the console.

Best to click on the little β¦Έ then run reload passbolt page, so that reports don’t get mixed up.

Great instructions, @remy
I do, in fact, see errors and I’ll share the logs. I did have to redact the exact url of our server, for security, but I otherwise left the logs intact.

[domain redacted].com/auth/checkSession.json?api-version=v1:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED
Unchecked runtime.lastError: Cannot access contents of url β€œβ€. Extension manifest must request permission to access this host.
Unchecked runtime.lastError: Cannot access contents of url β€œβ€. Extension manifest must request permission to access this host.
[domain redacted].com/auth/checkSession.json?api-version=v1:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
[domain redacted].com/account/settings.json?api-version=v2:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
index.min.js:1499 User settings sync failed
AuthController._syncUserSettings @ index.min.js:1499
index.min.js:1500 Could not synchronize the account settings. The server responded with an error.(404)
AuthController._syncUserSettings @ index.min.js:1500

[domain redacted].com/auth/checkSession.json?api-version=v1:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED
[domain redacted].com/auth/checkSession.json?api-version=v1:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
[domain redacted].com/account/settings.json?api-version=v2:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
index.min.js:1500 Could not synchronize the account settings. The server responded with an error.(404)

Please let me know if you guys need more and what the next debugging step should be.

@akaldrovics the best if that’s ok for you would be to schedule a call with you and cedric next week, so that he can have a look and see the behavior in details with you. If you can get in touch with us at support@passbolt.com we can schedule something together.

I will do just that, thank you. The app is at least working, but I’m tasked with adding users who are signing up, sharing various entries with them, and I’m going in alphabetical order down the list, so the list not loading is troublesome. I’ll have to lookup the individual entries for now…time consuming, but this cannot wait as my task has a deadline.

For those who encounter this, the bug fix is tied to scaling/resolution and the support folks plan to address the glitch in a forthcoming Passbolt update, per my discussion with them.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.