Email.php Gmail setup

Hello. First off, I apologize if the answer to this is obvious. I’m new at this.

I have a Debian 9 Virtual Machine (for testing) with a LEMP stack. Nginx is v.1.13 and PHP is v.7.0.19, if that has any bearing. My healthcheck returns no errors (save for the warning that comes with using a self-signed certificate).

Passbolt is pretty much working with the glaring exception of not being able to send emails. I was wondering just how does a working email.php gmail setup looks like. I’ve got something like this:

public $default = array(
                'transport' => 'Smtp',
                'from' => array('mygmailaccount@gmail.com' => 'Passbolt'),
                'host' => 'smtp.gmail.com',
                'port' => 587,
                'timeout' => 30,
                'username' => 'mygmailaccount@gmail.com',
                'password' => 'password goes here',
                'tls' => true,
  );

I don’t have 2 step authentication and I have already enabled access to less secure apps. So I was wondering if I had to go through some other configuration that maybe the tutorials took for granted, or if I had assumed incorrectly that the “from” field was to have the same address (as the username field; see Issue 61 where there’s apparently a working example by using the same address in both fields whereas Issue 51 was also solved but with different addresses in each field).

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Sorry for the late reply, you can have a look at this thread here:
https://github.com/passbolt/passbolt_api/issues/51