Enhance login experience with an auto-submit feature for retrieved credentials

Enhance login experience with an auto-submit feature for retrieved credentials

Passbolt Version: 4.4.2
Platform and Target:
Browser: Chrome 108.0.5359.125
Web server: Nginx 1.23.2

What I did:

Install the Passbolt browser extension from the Chrome Web Store.

Open a website that requires login credentials.

Enter your username and password in the login form.

Click the “Submit” button.

What happened:

The login form was submitted, but the user was not automatically logged in to the website.

What I expected to happen:

The Passbolt browser extension should automatically submit the retrieved login credentials and log the user into the website.

1 Like

Hello @Shyam-Dadhaniya , welcome to our community :wink:

I would like to know what are you really expecting to see here? When navigating to a website that requires credentials (that are stored inside passbolt):

• You want them to be auto-filled without interacting with the fields at all and that it automatically click on “Submit” ?
  • You want that once you clicked on the auto-fill from the browser extension it automatically click on “Submit” ?

We really would like to understand this issue, also you said:

Enter your username and password in the login form

Are you entering them manually or are you using the browser extension?

1 Like

I want that once we clicked on the auto-fill from the browser extension it automatically click on “Submit” .

Means once our username and password is autofilled by our passbolt extension and then submit button is click automatically.

Thanks for clarifying, it could be interesting to see what the community think about this idea, therefore you can create a feature request and see what people think about this :wink:

2 Likes

Facing this error while creating a poll. Can you please help?

Once you create the feature request post one of us can go in and add the poll for you

1 Like