Import keepass database (CSV & KBX)

Hello,

I am testing passbolt with the aim of replacing Keepass.
Is the import of a keepass database functional?

I noticed that the CSV export requested:
“Group”, “Title”, “Username”, “Password”, “URL”, “Notes”
does not correspond to the export carried out by keepass:
“Account”, “Login Name”, “Password”, “Web Site”, “Comments”

The import from the kbx file is no more functional. The example file provided in the documentation works but if you add a group the import does not start.

Has anyone ever had this kind of problem?

I am on a clean installation of passbolt pro with docker in its latest version.

Hello,

The import from the kbx file is no more functional. The example file provided in the documentation works but if you add a group the import does not start.

I just tried importing a Kdbx file with groups on the latest API 2.12.1 and it worked.

Can you explain a little bit more what is your issue:

• Which version of the API are you using?
  • Which browser are you using?
  • What is precisely the structure of the Kdbx file?
  • Is there any error message in the browser console?

Thanks for your reply.

I use passbolt/passbolt:2.12.1-pro-debian with firefox 76.0.1 (64 bits) or chrome Version 83.0.4103.61

I use the exemple kbbx found here : Passbolt Help | How to import passwords from a csv or kdbx file
If no modification the import works but if if create a simple group et move a credential on it, the import don’t work. No action when i use the import button.
No error message in the console or in the container logs.

@msoursou that is strange, I just tried it and it works. Do you create the group under “My servers” or somewhere else?

@remy I have just create a group called NewGroup in “My servers”.

On “My Servers” => The two “Account2”
On "My Servers " / “New Group” => “Account1”

If i move Account1 on “My servers” and delete the group " New Group" and save the import work again.

I just tried that successfully.

Can you confirm your extension is up to date with the latest version? (v2.13.2)
What do you see on the screen? Does it freezes, does it open/close fast?

Can you check if there are any error the browser extension console (it’s different from the regular console)?

• Firefox: Shift + Ctrl + J (or Shift + Command + J on mac)
  • Chrome: go to chrome://extensions/, click on index.html for passbolt extension

Hello @msoursou,

We have worked on a fix with the team, it has already been published and is currently awaiting approval from chrome / firefox marketplace. It should be available soon enough. The update will happen automatically in your browser (2.13.3), you have nothing to do.

Let us know if it’s working fine after the update.

Thank you for the bug report.

Hello @cedric

Awesome, i will check that as soon as the version will be available.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.