iOS Mobile Application is out! Beta testers wanted!

@AnatomicJC Yes we use Cloudflare. We use indeed a selfsigned certificate via cloudflare.

I didn’t share any logs haha, i’ll keep you posted about the logs.

@AnatomicJC
this is what i get when trying to sign in via the mobile app

XX.XX.XXX.XX- - [25/Nov/2021:18:43:20 +0100] "GET /auth/jwt/rsa.json HTTP/2.0" 200 1075 "-" "Passbolt/1634501321 CFNetwork/1312 Darwin/21.0.0"
XX.XX.XXX.XX- - [25/Nov/2021:18:43:20 +0100] "GET /auth/verify.json HTTP/2.0" 200 2197 "-" "Passbolt/1634501321 CFNetwork/1312 Darwin/21.0.0"
XXX.XX.XXX.XX- - [25/Nov/2021:18:43:20 +0100] "POST /auth/jwt/login.json HTTP/2.0" 200 2542 "-" "Passbolt/1634501321 CFNetwork/1312 Darwin/21.0.0"

error logs of passbolt shows the following:

2021-11-25 17:34:04 Error: [Authentication\Authenticator\UnauthenticatedException] Authentication is required to continue in /var/www/passbolt/vendor/cakephp/authentication/src/Controller/Component/AuthenticationComponent.php on line 177
Request URL: /auth/is-authenticated.json
Client IP: XXX.XXX.XX.XXX

Regards,

Just to throw it out there I went and go a digikey cert just in case self signed was an issue. It still says sign in failed.

I tried creating a new account and adding it still says sign in failed

I tried wiping out the app on my iphone and reinstalling, still failed.

I even tried creating a new password and it failed.

keep getting

Error: [Authentication\Authenticator\UnauthenticatedException] Authentication is required to continue in /var/www/passbolt/vendor/cakephp/authentication/src/Controller/Component/AuthenticationComponent.php on line 177
Request URL: /auth/is-authenticated.json

Thanks @shalgabe11 for your report, a new iOS version will be released soon with more debug to understand what is wrong with some certificates.
We will keep you informed :slight_smile:

Cool that would be great! are you thinking the sign in issue is cert related?

Thank you!!!

We got some feedbacks about sign-in problems, and we need some extra debug who will come in a future iOS release

Just tried to login into iOS application, same problem: “sign in failed”.
No error logs on server, healthcheck is ok. SSL certificate issued by Cloudflare.
Android app on the other hand works perfectly.
Hope it helps.

Thanks for your feedback @rlqd :hugs:

Hi, I have the same issue.
Cheers,
Julian

Hi all,

Since Friday, we published the version 1.1.0
This include:

• Dark Theme
  • Create, Edit and Delete
  • Various bug fixes
  • Enhanced logs

The latest point will be useful to target the issue that you may have during the login phase.
(A mac is mandatory)
To do so:

• Connect your phone to your mac
  • Start the console.app application
  • Select your iphone in the left section of the app
  • In the Action top menu item, please tick Include Info and Debug messages
  • In the search bar type passbolt, enter, then change the type from any to process
  • In the search bar type diagnostic, enter, then change the type from any to category
  • Finally press the start button in the top section of the console.app application

You should have now way more logs available

2 Likes

Please find below debug for error message “sign in failed” on iOS application :

informations 16:29:58.514892+0100 Passbolt Completing account transfer…
informations 16:29:58.515408+0100 Passbolt Beginning authorization…
informations 16:29:58.515554+0100 Passbolt …using ad-hoc credentials…
informations 16:29:58.518379+0100 Passbolt …fetching server public PGP key…
informations 16:29:58.519692+0100 Passbolt …fetching server public RSA key…
informations 16:29:59.177242+0100 Passbolt …received session tokens…
informations 16:29:59.177709+0100 Passbolt …session tokens decoding failed!
informations 16:29:59.177954+0100 Passbolt …account transfer failed!

Thx for the report @dlist we have a fix in review on the app store that should solve your issue (and many others :crossed_fingers:) hopefully it will be ready in the coming day.

Best,
Max

The update worked!!! Thank you for all the hard work. it let me in as expected and I can see my passwords.

2 Likes

Glad to hear it @shalgabe11 :slight_smile:
@dlist can you update and tell us if the fix 1.1.3 solves your issue?

1 Like

The update works like a charm! Congrats to the team. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The app works great! One thing I noticed on iOS- After installing and signing in, the app directs you to enable autofill, but doesn’t seem to detect when this step is completed. I had to tap “Maybe Later” to get the message to disappear, even after enabling autofill.

Hi @reed5
Thanks for this report!

Have you tried to tap Passbolt on the list?

That tap should display a modal and should be caught by the app. Is that modal present? And do you still have the Autofill option in the settings of the Passbolt App?

2 Likes

Hello. Is there a chance that there will be support for Android < 10 e.g. 8\9 ?

Short answer is no unfortunately.
Long answer is that the Android app supports devices from Android 10 (API level 29), so the application is not vulnerable to a number of attacks, such as task hijacking or the Janus vulnerability.
This also improves the security posture due to safer default settings since Android 10, including usesCleartextTraffic and cleartextTrafficPermitted, which further reduce the potential of MitM attacks and leaks.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Unable to complete iOS mobile setup