Lost only account on server - how to reset installation?

I created an instance on Digital Ocean to test Passbolt. Everything worked fine until today when somehow I lost the passphrase to the only account on the server. I don’t care about the account, as nothing was stored there that mattered. I have SSH (root) access to the server. What is the best way to “reset” the installation to start over? Is the only to delete the Droplet and start over?

I just found this:

What are the specific permissions I need to set on config and on the config/gpg folders.

After entering the MySQL credentials, I get this:

I’m guessing it’s because that is the same database I used previously. How is the best way to reset (delete and recreate) that?

Hi @laurinkeithdavis welcome to the forum!

It will help if you share which OS you are using, and which installation instructions you are following, thanks.

1 Like

Linux passbolt-naatw 4.15.0-112-generic #113-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jul 9 23:41:39 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

@laurinkeithdavis Ok, I just wanted to make sure, thanks. I’m hesitant to recommend further action without knowing completely what you have done already, and if you are fine with reinstalling the droplet I think I would encourage that over modifying what you have. Using the droplet and the included script work well for those less familiar with the inner workings.

Should you run into a problem again in the future with a user account, there are some other things we could try before resorting to a reset.

Ugh, well, that’s time consuming, but I’ll guess I’ll do that. I’m a developer, I don’t mind hacking crap. :slight_smile: Anyway, I guess I’ll drop the Droplet and recreate.

@laurinkeithdavis You could also reference the install from source for tips/hints regarding the different components if you want to tinker. Some steps may be a bit outdated - an update is in the works. Passbolt Help | Install passbolt API from source

1 Like