Ngnix default page

Checklist
[x ] I have read intro post: About the Installation Issues category
[x] I have read the tutorials, help and searched for similar issues
[x] I provide relevant information about my server (component names and versions, etc.)
[ ] I provide a copy of my logs and healthcheck
[ ] I describe the steps I have taken to trouble shoot the problem
[ ] I describe the steps on how to reproduce the issue

Hello forum,
I have a problem installing my passbolt on my server. I’m using Debian 10 VM and the Passbolt Installer. I configured it with my domain and didn’t setup SSL. Now, when i’m pointing to my domain, i only get the nginx default page.

I cant provide a healthcheck cause I didnt understand how I should perform it. Hopefully someone can help me here!

thanks in advance, roonix

Hi @roonix, the healthcheck is run while in the passbolt folder.

$ sudo su -s /bin/bash -c "./bin/cake passbolt healthcheck" www-data

If you reference the “install from source code” section there are other commands as well with more details.

Hello garett and thanks for help! I’ll paste the output of the healthcheck below!

root@vm05-pwm /var/www/passbolt # su -s /bin/bash -c "./bin/cake passbolt healthcheck" www-data
Warning Error: SplFileInfo::openFile(/var/www/passbolt/tmp/cache/persistent/myapp_cake_core_translations_cake_console_en__u_s): failed to open stream: Permission denied in [/var/www/passbolt/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Cache/Engine/FileEngine.php, line 405]

Warning Error: SplFileInfo::openFile(/var/www/passbolt/tmp/cache/persistent/myapp_cake_core_translations_cake_console_en__u_s): failed to open stream: Permission denied in [/var/www/passbolt/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Cache/Engine/FileEngine.php, line 405]

____                  __          ____
    / __ \____  _____ ____/ /_  ____  / / /_
   / /_/ / __ `/ ___/ ___/ __ \/ __ \/ / __/
  / ____/ /_/ (__  |__  ) /_/ / /_/ / / /
 /_/    \__,_/____/____/_.___/\____/_/\__/

Open source password manager for teams
---------------------------------------------------------------
 Healthcheck shell.....Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory in [/var/www/passbolt/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Database/Driver.php, line 92]

Can you tell me what went wrong?

FYI: I use an external MariaDB Database.

@roonix Well there are two problems identified now.

Problem 1: MySQL error. This could be because the db server is not running.

Or, maybe you are pointing in the passbolt.php file to the wrong location. You said it was external… If that means on a different server then the “host” in Datasources section cannot be “localhost”. It should be the ip address of the DB server. Or, maybe it’s on the same server but you need to note the port (3306).

netstat -plunt to see listening processes and ports.

Problem 2: The default Nginx page means your Nginx config file is pointing to /usr/share/nginx/html/index_debian.html or something similar instead of /var/www/passbolt/webroot. Seems common with Debian installs for this to happen but I’ve never figured out why.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.