Passbolt installation issues Centos 7

Checklist
[ ] I have read intro post: About the Installation Issues category
[ ] I have read the tutorials, help and searched for similar issues
[ ] I provide relevant information about my server (component names and versions, etc.)
[ ] I provide a copy of my logs and healthcheck
[ ] I describe the steps I have taken to trouble shoot the problem
[ ] I describe the steps on how to reproduce the issue

Happy New Year
Hello
I have logged an issue on Centos 7 where the installation gets stuck on step 7.
I have since installed a new Centos 7 minimal install and recorded all of the output.

I am installing passbolt using passbolt_ce_centos_installer.sh script.

Server operating system name and version Centos 7.6.1810
Web server name and version nginx 1.12.2-2.el7
Database server name and version mariadb 5.5.60-1.el7_5
Php version PHP 7.2.13
Passbolt version 2.5.0

There are a few issues.

1. WARNING: channel “pecl.php.net” has updated its protocols, use “pecl channel-update pecl.php.net” to update
  2. ./passbolt_ce_centos_installer.sh: line 926: certbot: command not found
    =============================================================================
    WARNING: Unable to setup SSL using lets encrypt. Please check the install.log
    =============================================================================
  3. grep: /var/spool/cron//*: No such file or directory
  4. libsemanage.dbase_llist_query: could not query record value (No such file or directory).

Collectively these errors make step 7 just spin around as I have now followed word for word the installation instructions and there are a few issues. I will try and work through these. I reckon the next step is to do the same with the source installation which I have also had problems with.

I have pasted my complete output of the last installation with the errors here:
https://pastebin.com/rfp183UZ

This post is an ongoing issue of my initial post here:
https://community.passbolt.com/t/passbolt-2-5-0-install-on-centos-7-stuck-on-step-7/1299/11

Can I please ask for some assistance with this?

Thank you

I have now gone one step further and tried to install passbolt on a debian server and the install is stuck in the same place as for Centos. Step 7. Surely this can not be me. I have now tried 2 different OS and still no luck.

Hi @kobus

1. ./passbolt_ce_centos_installer.sh: line 926: certbot: command not found

This is a bug that has been identified and will be fixed ASAP on the install scripts repo.

1. grep: /var/spool/cron//*: No such file or directory

You can safely ignore this message. We will, however make this message silent as it is misleading for users.

libsemanage.dbase_llist_query: could not query record value (No such file or directory).

This error we will investigate it.

I have now gone one step further and tried to install passbolt on a debian server and the install is stuck in the same place as for Centos. Step 7. Surely this can not be me. I have now tried 2 different OS and still no luck.

What kind of error you face in your debian install?

The debian install, except for the letsencrypt certificate seems to go all the way without an issue. The letsencrypt fails because of external DNS.

When I then go to the server and go through the installation steps, it get stuck on step 7 which is the DB install screen. It just sits there and never completes. I have tried both the mariasql root credentials and the user creds, but nothing happens.

That is expected

I guess you are installing mariadb/mysql on the very same server and you are pointing to 127.0.0.1 as the hostname in the webinstaller, correct?

Yes that is correct.

Are you available for a call ?
If yes, can you send a message to support(at)passbolt(dot)com.

Email sent.
Thank you

Hi Cedric
Could we pick this up again at some stage when you have some time please?

bumping the post…

bumping the post as i still need some help

Hi @kobus,
I sent you an email to schedule another call.

Hi Cedric
Shall I reinstall onto Centos 7 (my preferred installation) before I reschedule with you?

Hi @kobus
We can also do the installation together, so that we can see what exactly is going on.
Let us know what time would work for you.

Ok cool. I will setup the new VM and then arrange a time. Thank you.

I have finally had time to rebuild my server. Will email you for next steps.