Passbolt installation issues Centos 7

Checklist
[ ] I have read intro post: About the Installation Issues category
[ ] I have read the tutorials, help and searched for similar issues
[ ] I provide relevant information about my server (component names and versions, etc.)
[ ] I provide a copy of my logs and healthcheck
[ ] I describe the steps I have taken to trouble shoot the problem
[ ] I describe the steps on how to reproduce the issue

Happy New Year
Hello
I have logged an issue on Centos 7 where the installation gets stuck on step 7.
I have since installed a new Centos 7 minimal install and recorded all of the output.

I am installing passbolt using passbolt_ce_centos_installer.sh script.

Server operating system name and version Centos 7.6.1810
Web server name and version nginx 1.12.2-2.el7
Database server name and version mariadb 5.5.60-1.el7_5
Php version PHP 7.2.13
Passbolt version 2.5.0

There are a few issues.

1. WARNING: channel “pecl.php.net” has updated its protocols, use “pecl channel-update pecl.php.net” to update
  2. ./passbolt_ce_centos_installer.sh: line 926: certbot: command not found
    =============================================================================
    WARNING: Unable to setup SSL using lets encrypt. Please check the install.log
    =============================================================================
  3. grep: /var/spool/cron//*: No such file or directory
  4. libsemanage.dbase_llist_query: could not query record value (No such file or directory).

Collectively these errors make step 7 just spin around as I have now followed word for word the installation instructions and there are a few issues. I will try and work through these. I reckon the next step is to do the same with the source installation which I have also had problems with.

I have pasted my complete output of the last installation with the errors here:
https://pastebin.com/rfp183UZ

This post is an ongoing issue of my initial post here:
https://community.passbolt.com/t/passbolt-2-5-0-install-on-centos-7-stuck-on-step-7/1299/11

Can I please ask for some assistance with this?

Thank you

I have now gone one step further and tried to install passbolt on a debian server and the install is stuck in the same place as for Centos. Step 7. Surely this can not be me. I have now tried 2 different OS and still no luck.

Hi @kobus

1. ./passbolt_ce_centos_installer.sh: line 926: certbot: command not found

This is a bug that has been identified and will be fixed ASAP on the install scripts repo.

1. grep: /var/spool/cron//*: No such file or directory

You can safely ignore this message. We will, however make this message silent as it is misleading for users.

libsemanage.dbase_llist_query: could not query record value (No such file or directory).

This error we will investigate it.

I have now gone one step further and tried to install passbolt on a debian server and the install is stuck in the same place as for Centos. Step 7. Surely this can not be me. I have now tried 2 different OS and still no luck.

What kind of error you face in your debian install?

The debian install, except for the letsencrypt certificate seems to go all the way without an issue. The letsencrypt fails because of external DNS.

When I then go to the server and go through the installation steps, it get stuck on step 7 which is the DB install screen. It just sits there and never completes. I have tried both the mariasql root credentials and the user creds, but nothing happens.

That is expected

I guess you are installing mariadb/mysql on the very same server and you are pointing to 127.0.0.1 as the hostname in the webinstaller, correct?

Yes that is correct.

Are you available for a call ?
If yes, can you send a message to support(at)passbolt(dot)com.

Email sent.
Thank you

Hi Cedric
Could we pick this up again at some stage when you have some time please?

bumping the post…

bumping the post as i still need some help

Hi @kobus,
I sent you an email to schedule another call.

Hi Cedric
Shall I reinstall onto Centos 7 (my preferred installation) before I reschedule with you?

Hi @kobus
We can also do the installation together, so that we can see what exactly is going on.
Let us know what time would work for you.

Ok cool. I will setup the new VM and then arrange a time. Thank you.

I have finally had time to rebuild my server. Will email you for next steps.

A huge thank you to the Passbolt guys for helping sort out my installation. I have now managed to setup a user or 2 and we are evaluating.

Hi @kobus I have just went through a centos 7.6 install but I’m unable to reproduce your issue. Have you done any specifics on the install?
My scenario is:
CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core) minimal install running on virtualbox 6.0.0-3
Automated partition scheme.
No installation security policies selected.

Followed the procedure from help site. Once finished, disabled firewalld to acces passbolt instance and ran webinstaller. Everything went smooth and I can access passbolt instance.

Hi Diego
The only difference between what you posted here and my setup is I am using proxmox on a vm not a container and my disk layout looks like this:
logvol /tmp --fstype=“xfs” --size=7168 --name=tmp --vgname=centos
logvol /home --fstype=“xfs” --size=2048 --name=home --vgname=centos
logvol / --fstype=“xfs” --size=9216 --name=root --vgname=centos
logvol swap --fstype=“swap” --size=2048 --name=swap --vgname=centos
logvol /var --fstype=“xfs” --size=7168 --name=var --vgname=centos

The rest is exactly the same.

Hi again,

The only way I obtain some similar behaviour to yours locally on virtualbox is by not installing haveged on the virtual machine. This way gpg most likely won’t have enough entropy at the moment of creating the gpg serverkey that takes place during the webinstall process.

So, to validate this hypothesis, if you happen to install passbolt again on proxmox please keep an eye on:

1. Say yes to haveged installation when running the install scripts
  2. Keep a log of the entropy avail and see if it stays on low levels during the webinstall step where you get stuck (usually when using haveged your entropy pool should stay 1000 or 2000)

I’m sure you are already installing haveged and for the entropy avail please save a log of the entropy avail before running the webinstaller:

watch -n0 "(date; cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail) | tee -a entropy.log"

If the number is stuck below 100 then that might be the problem preventing you to install passbolt correctly.

Bonus:

Also check if haveged service is running when you are about to access passbolt webinstaller.

systemctl status haveged

Hope this helps!