Semanage errors

hello,

I’m installing passbolt on a centos 7 and I’m following this guide : ( https://medium.com/passbolt/passbolt-on-centos-7-with-nginx-php7-fpm-mariadb-from-scratch-7b2a9b15f3a4 )
I’m at the Selinux permissions part and none of the command are actually working.
when I type the first command " semanage fcontext -a -t httpd_sys_content_t ‘/var/www(/.*)?’ " or any other it’s not working.
I got this error :
libsemanage.dbase_llist_query: could not query record value (No such file or directory).
SELinux: Could not downgrade policy file /etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.30, searching for an older version.
SELinux: Could not open policy file <= /etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.30: No such file or directory
/sbin/load_policy: Can’t load policy: No such file or directory
libsemanage.semanage_reload_policy: load_policy returned error code 2. (No such file or directory).
SELinux: Could not downgrade policy file /etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.30, searching for an older version.
SELinux: Could not open policy file <= /etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.30: No such file or directory
/sbin/load_policy: Can’t load policy: No such file or directory
libsemanage.semanage_reload_policy: load_policy returned error code 2. (No such file or directory).
OSError: No such file or directory
I have looked for a solution on internet but i didnt find anything interesting.

Can someone help me please ?
Thank you,
Tristan.

Hi @tox!

What does sestatus report?

it was disabled, i enabled it and now it works thank you

1 Like

Glad to hear it worked!

Remember that SElinux is optional and not required to run passbolt!

I’m still having the “The connection has timed out” issue :frowning:
but now when i try to check the logs in …/app/tmp/logs or /var/log/nginx they are empty
also i noticed that php-fpm is running multiple times :

php-fpm 1199 nginx 0u IPv4 15817 0t0 TCP localhost:cslistener (LISTEN)
php-fpm 1200 nginx 0u IPv4 15817 0t0 TCP localhost:cslistener (LISTEN)
php-fpm 1201 nginx 0u IPv4 15817 0t0 TCP localhost:cslistener (LISTEN)
php-fpm 1202 nginx 0u IPv4 15817 0t0 TCP localhost:cslistener (LISTEN)
php-fpm 1203 nginx 0u IPv4 15817 0t0 TCP localhost:cslistener (LISTEN)

Is it normal ?

That’s the second time I’m doing it and I’m loosing faith ahah

Hi again @tox

Are you running centos virtualized in any way?

Yes it’s stored in the ovh cloud

Since this thread is for the SELinux problem lets move the conversation back to Connection timed out

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.