I am installing Passbolt for the first time on a freshly installed Ubuntu 18.04 system using the instructions at https://help.passbolt.com/hosting/install/ce/ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver.html.
I cannot complete step 3 of the installation (Server Keys/ Create a new GPG key for your server), whatever I enter results in the message: “The data entered are not correct: The public key cannot be used encrypt; The private key cannot be used to decrypt.”
I reinstalled Ubuntu but am getting the same message.
Any idea why this is?
The nginx error log is empty.
Is there any other information I should post to facilitate troubleshooting?
This step is processed by the browser since v2.7.0.
Can you copy/paste here your browser console output.
Can you give us more information about your browser and version.
I am using Firefox version 65.0.2 (64-bit).
I just tried again with the browser console open and now it worked.
The very first time I tried it did go past step 3 but when I walked away from my computer the session had timed out. Whenever I tried again afterwards it would not go past step 3.
Could this be a cache issue?
This could be due to a difference of time between the server and client. Like the client is producing keys “in the future” and the server does not like it.
The server was using UTC as the time zone, I have now set it to my local time zone (currently one hour later than UTC).
Didn’t realise during the install that setting the time zone was necessary.
Thank you for your help!
had the same problem. Found a couple of things:
- when you inspect the element where the error is, the generated GPG key is in a hidden input field. I copied it.
- Hit the button for import a key. Then I saw the template is using short tags. So before I could Continue I needed to active short_open_tags in the php.ini setting. Changed it, restarted php7.2 fpm and hit F5.
- I was very surprised, the setup continued.
- At the end of the install there is a message " installing database " and some other stuff about Elon Musk’s car. The setup hangs again.
- Left the setup and everything seems to work. accept my account wasn’t working. So now I’m stuck again. But I think it might have something to do with a mail that wasn’t sent. (It did at first, so i made a mistake in the settings i guess)
The version v2.7.1 fixed a bug relative to short tag on the generate a new GPG key screen. A bug remains on the import an existing GPG key screen and will be fixed with the next release.
Can you confirm the version of passbolt you are using and the scenario your are following (generate or import).
@cedric I used the default install script from https://help.passbolt.com/hosting/install/ce/ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver.html
I can confirm the problem also exists in the Centos install script. (Tried that one as well)
This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.