When adding a user to a group --> server error

When adding a user to a group, the server issues an error:

There was an unexpected error…
An internal error occurred. The server response could not be parsed. Please contact your administrator.

The system is hosted by passbolt: Passbolt | Open source password manager for teams

Is there another way to contact support (did not find any link or address)?

Hi @lars.seifert :wave: and welcome to Passbolt community forum :handshake:

As cloud user, you can open a support ticket at support@passbolt.com

Some users report us an issue while adding a user to a group containing huge amount of passwords or users.

I may have a workaround to add your user to the group.

• First go on the passwords workspace and filter by the targeted group
  • Then you select all of them using the top checkbox
  • Then share the selected passwords to the user to add to the group
  • Once done, go to the users workspace and add the user to the group. The operation will be way faster since you already share the passwords to him

It is not ideal but it will allow you to add your user waiting for a refactor of the sharing mechanism.

1 Like

unfortunatly, the selection of more the FOUR items blocks the sharing button. i will need to share > 1600 passwords. how can i handle this?

i need a solution ASAP!

Hi @lars.seifert ,

the selection of more the FOUR items blocks the sharing button.

This is most likely because this group has read access on the item, e.g. you do not have the right to share on the fifth item. You will need to first give ownership to all passwords shared with the group to the group.

Apologies for the inconvenience, we understand this workaround is not practical, but unfortunately we cannot provide you with a quick fix. This bug (timeout issues when adding a user to a group with a lot of passwords) is our top priority at the moment and it should be fixed in the next release.

Best regards,

In my case the request was too large for the nginx.
Changing “client_max_body_size” in the nginx config resolved the issue.