As a user I want to be able to see the full-path folder structure of the resources/folders that are shared with me

Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
I think it is quite important to see the full-path folder structure in which a resource/folder shared to me are. That means if I have the following folder structure:

A
|- B
   |- C
      |- Password

and the “Password” resource is shared with me, I want to be able to see the whole folder structure (without any resources/folders that were not shared with me). Same thing should apply to any folder shared with me.

Q2 - Who is impacted?
Almost every Passbolt user.

Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
I think this would improve the UX for almost all Passbolt users and could make navigating the folder-based UI much more simple and effective.

Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional)
As described in Q1, displaying the whole necessary path for the resource/folder shared with me would be a great solution to the problem.

Q5. Community support
People can vote for this idea to show traction:

• :ok_woman: Must have: this is critical for me to have this
  • :raising_hand_woman: Should have: this is important for me to have this
  • :tipping_hand_woman: Could have: this could be nice to have
  • :no_good_woman: Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)

0 voters

Hi @jkubik

I created a “Lorem Ipsum” password, located in C folder. If I understand well, you would see in both breadcrumb and info the full folder path A / B / C instead of just C (folder) ?

And if only A and C are shared with you, without B, you would like to see A / C ?

Regards,

Well, if only Lorem Ipsum was shared with me, I would love to see A / B / C both in the top bar and in the left navigation panel, regardless of whether A or B or C were shared with me.

I would, of course, only see the necessary folders and resources to form the full path, and would not see any folders/resources outside of them.

Ok, I understand your point. Unfortunately, folders feature don’t work like this and it’s unlikely we’ll change that behaviour :confused:

You can read our blog post about it: Introducing the new “Folders” feature | by passbolt | passbolt

Regards,

1 Like