Create masked emails/credit cards/phone numbers

Add a free/premium feature to generate throwaway (masked) email addresses, credit cards, phone numbers to protect user privacy as well as passwords.

Like: As a role I can action, so that expected benefit

Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
Explain with a short paragraph what are you trying to solve with this change request or new feature. Focus on the problem: how would you measure if the problem is solved or the situation better than before?password protection is great, however, having to use the same email is not. If passbolt had masked emails, (throw away emails like n2h-passbolt@maskmemail.com) users could enjoy limitless username/email combos. Additionally, masking credit cards and phone numbers is really helpful too. have a look at IronVest for comparison & possible reverse engineering :rofl:. The don’t have the critical “share” feature which makes them a non-starter for me.

Q2 - Who is impacted?
How many people are affected by this issue or how many would benefit from this new feature? Is this for everyone or a specific group?This feature would be great for everyone who loves privacy, diversity of attack vectors, cybersecurity in general

Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
Is it strategic? Does it help us achieve your own community objectives? Is it linked to another project that can have a big impact?Having a way to mask usernames/emails is significant. It also provides non-repudiation for sites that have some version of a compromise. If the masked email is spammed suddenly,

Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional)

Q5. Community support
People can vote for this idea to show traction:

• :ok_woman: Must have: this is critical for me to have this
  • :raising_hand_woman: Should have: this is important for me to have this
  • :tipping_hand_woman: Could have: this could be nice to have
  • :no_good_woman: Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)
0 voters
1 Like

Hello! Is this post relevant to what you are asking for?
If not, can you follow the template in order to help developers to know what you need and the community to give feedback?

Not really the same. If you go look at IronVest and try their free tier you’ll see how they compare. They are missing the “share” option and self hosting options but have a lot of other features that PassBolt could benefit from. IronVest is formerly Blur / DNT (do not track).

AnZDr6O9.png

Lseiuovf.png