EmailQueue.sender sends mail to inexistent receiver

Hi,
self-hosted pb 2.7.1 cronjob:

passbolt

*/5 * * * * /var/www/passbolt/bin/cake EmailQueue.sender >> /var/log/passbolt.log

This sends mails to an inexistent receiver address doesnotexist@passboltdummydomain.com
But where can I find this address and delete it? It is not in the database.

As long as I can not remove this, the crob job for emails is unusable, as it fills the queue of the receiving smtp service with unsuccessful (but processed) jobs …

hi @Thommie, as far as I know all the user emails are stored in the database. Are you sure you checked with in your database with:
select * from users where username='doesnotexist@passboltdummydomain.com';

Do you have a sample message, e.g. what kind of emails is it trying to send?

passbolt-noreply@netzwissen.de

To
doesnotexist@passboltdummydomain.com
Date
2019-03-06 12:29:00
Details
Recipient blocked: domain doesn’t exist
Received by
outbound3.eu.mailhop.org
Server
User
thommierother
ID
6b865bfd-400b-11e9-908b-352056dbf2de

I could not find this "doesnotexist@passboltdummydomain.com" in the database. Nevertheless I re-installed the database now, as it was nearly empty. Maybe the effect is gone now …

Even after a re-initialisation of passbolt and re-installation of the whole database ( sudo su -s /bin/bash -c „./bin/cake passbolt install“ www-data) I still see those “dummy mails”:

Mar 6 15:34:01 mail postfix/smtp[15206]: 3F4D219F93D: to=doesnotexist@passboltdummydomain.com, relay=outbound.mailhop.org[35.157.29.171]:2525, delay=27905, delays=27902/0.02/2.6/0.13, dsn=4.7.1, status=deferred (host outbound.mailhop.org[35.157.29.171] said: 450 4.7.1 Recipient address rejected: Recipient blocked: domain doesn’t exist (in reply to RCPT TO command))

This must be something inside the php code.

Yes it seems it is the email used when there is no recipient provided in the test email task.
I wasn’t aware of this.

You should use the following if you want to test:

./bin/cake passbolt send_test_email --recipient=your@email.com

I already did that test successfully, the mail setup is finished. But the dummy address is still in the mail queue and creates jobs on the receiving smtp providers queue. I see no way how to remove this dummy …

You can clear the email queue by deleting entries in the database table email_queue.
delete from email_queue, but I’m not sure how this email ends up in the passbolt email queue (it shouldn’t). Could it be you need to clear the postfix queue instead?

you’re right, there were old entries in the postfix mail queue, I deleted them with postsuper -d …

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.