Firefox keyboard shortcut missing

Passbolt’s extension for Chrome has a shortcut to activate Passbolt as a drop-down, as well as a shortcut to open passbolt in a new tab.

The Firefox addon only has open in new tab. Why not the dropdown? I find that extremely more useful, so i can quickly autofill logins.

I’d even go further and ask for a shortcut to autofill credentials when only one matching entry is found. However, I understand there might be security concerns against that.

Hi @Hiddi :wave:

Thanks for reporting this to us. It seems the “Activate the extension” shortcut is a chrome feature, as it can be enabled on any installed extension.
I don’t see this in Firefox. By the way, we created a ticket ref. PB-9728 to implement this in Firefox. We will keep you informed once it will be implemented.

Did you noticed new features of the last updated extension :smiley: ? there is an autofill included :wink:

Cheers,

1 Like

That’s nice and all, but what I’m looking for is keyboard naviagtion.
In Chrome, i can press e.g. ctrl+shift+P to bring up the extensions drop-down menu, then tab tab return shift+tab shift+tab return, and i’ve got credentials filled in.
This can’t be done in Firefox, because there’s no “Activate the extension”.

Also, a Hotkey function for autofilling would be greatly welcome.
I envision going to a login page, pressing ctrl+shift+P, see user/pw getting filled, and at that point pressing return would sign me in.
Of course, it would have to work slightly different when there’s more than one password entry matching the site’s URL. Then a dropdown should pop up, just like the one that’s available already. Except it would have to be keyboard-navigationable.

Hi there, any update ? :slight_smile:
It would be very useful to have a shortcut that directly fill in the login form, or at least shows the PassBolt dropdown.
On Bitwarden, this shortcut is CTRL+shift+L, and I think it’s a good idea (it consequently reduces the risk to see password stolen because of iFrame - cf. Bitwarden flaw can let hackers steal passwords using iframes) while allowing the user to quickly connect, without having to use the mouse.
Thanks a lot !

Hi,

I’m also migrating from another solution to passbolt, and the “autofill with shortkey” feature is realy something I miss (On firefox AND on chrome, because it’s not just “open the extension panel”, it’s more : open the extension panel, select wanted item with keyboard arrows (if needed) and press “enter” key to autofill).

This feature would be great.

Cheers !

The Ctrl+Shift+L from bitwarden is really missing in passbolt extension :cry:

What if a malicious code make this key combination executed on your device?
That’s my 2cents why it as not been tackled yet. I let the security team answer that one.

Shortcut could be customizable I guess ?
And yes, I’m curious too to see the security team answer :slight_smile:

I have not looked into it in details, but as long as there is explicit user input to trigger autofill, and that input cannot be faked/triggered from a webpage the user is navigating on, we should be fine to implement this security wise.

2 Likes

Adding a shortcut for quickaccess is now (since 4.5.0) possible in addons shortcuts: Manage extension shortcuts in Firefox | Firefox Help

Finaly I can have my 1Passwd-style Ctrl+. at work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, I didn’t know that we could manage shortcuts through here !

Correct me if I’m wrong but the shortcut only allows opening Passbolt in a new window or in a “popup” under its icon (and that’s cool !), no ?

Is there a way to add a shortcut like the “Auto-fill the last used login for the current website” in Bitwarden ?
Screenshot from 2024-02-23 10-07-46

Indeed, it is not yet there. No Bitwarden-like fill on shortcut.