Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
Passwords have a permanent link to be able to share passwords with other Users, Folders don’t which makes sharing (telling someone else where to get the passwords) groups of passwords complicated.
Q2 - Who is impacted?
Everyone how uses the Passbolt Business / Enterprise edition and shares passwords.
Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
- Folders should have permanent links as sharing a folder about for example a server with all the passwords of the server is much easier than sharing all passwords of the server individually.
- Sharing with Folder Permanent links make it less frustrating as users only see the passwords they are supposed to see in the folder and don’t get a bunch of links that they cant access.
- Automation of Passbolt via the API is easier and more reliable when only the folder ids have to be tracked instead of every single passwords id.
Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional)
- Add navigating to a folder by URL on Pageload similar to Password Permanent links. e.g:
https://<passbolt hostname>/app/folders/view/<folder id>
- add “copy permanent link to clipboard” button for folders which generate the above link based on the folder selected and copies it to the clip board.
Q5. Community support
People can vote for this idea to show traction:
- Must have: this is critical for me to have this
- Should have: this is important for me to have this
- Could have: this could be nice to have
- Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)