Inability to Receive Invitation Link by Users

As an admin, I added some users in my organization but they are not receiving the invitation link.

Can you please what went wrong from your end. Thanks.

Hello @Support,

Can you check your instance “email notifications” administration configuration and confirm that the “Registration and Recovery” notifications are enabled. You can see this screen in https://PASSBOLT_DOMAIN/app/administration/email-notification

If the email notifications are enabled, but no emails are sent, it might be related to your smtp configuration. Checkout the following documentation which will help you to fix your issue: Passbolt Help | Why are my emails not being sent?

The SMTP test mail works fine but can’t send the user invite. Any advice will be appreciated.

Hello @fpeng Welcome to the forum!

Assuming you have viewed the link above and none of that helped, can you please share more about your OS and mail provider so we can review your configuration?

The more info the better - change details for privacy as needed, thanks.

Passbolt run on centos 7 and test mail works fine with my smtp server:

sudo -H -u www-data bash -c "/usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake passbolt send_test_email --recipient=youremail@domain.com"

Hello @fpeng ,

which version of Passbolt are you using?

If you are using a version above 3.8.0, what is the output of the following command?

sudo -H -u www-data bash -c "/usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake healthcheck --smtpSettings"

Hello,

How do I check my passbolt version? I installed it by following Passbolt Help | Install Passbolt CE on CentOS 7

The command come out below:

-bash: ./usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake: No such file or directory

Please advise.

To get your passbolt version, you may run:

sudo -H -u www-data bash -c "/usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake version"

not sure what I did wrong, below is what I got:

sudo -H -u www-data bash -c “/usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake version”

sudo: unknown user: www-data
sudo: unable to initialize policy plugin

@fpeng you need to replace www-data with the username your webserver is running as, for your case I think it will be nginx

it is run as root and the passbolt version is 4.3.11

This is the version of the framework used by the API.

What is the complete output?

How do I get the version of the framework used by the API?

sudo -H -u root bash -c “/usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake healthcheck --smtpSettings”
Unknown command cake healthcheck. Run cake --help to get the list of commands.

Other valid choices:

• routes check

What is the complete ouput of the command
/usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake version
?