Is email feature required?

I have a small team and do not need to send emails for account setups. I want to be able to just configure as admin and provide temp password to team members somehow. Gmail gets blocked due to authentication. Everything is installed I just can’t set up admin account due to emailing out issue. I confirmed firewall is fine.

Hello @hexxamillion and welcome to the forum!
The email feature is required to create accounts, recover them, and send notifications when a password or account is updated (depending on your settings) to keep users aware of changes.

You can avoid using email to create accounts using the CLI, for example, but it is not recommended because doing all the creation or recovery processes manually is tedious and can put extra work on the administrator.

If you have problems setting up the SMTP server with Passbolt, perhaps we can help you. Just about your Gmail comment, have you followed this guide?

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I looked at that google doc. It’s really overkill. I don’t need email for my setup. Do you have info on the CLI?