LDAP Settings Fail with Memory Allocation Log

Passbolt Pro Self Hosted
Ubuntu 20.04
PHP 7.4
Fresh upgrade to Pro from components in Passbolt Help | Upgrade Passbolt from CE to Pro on Ubuntu

I am trying to set up LDAP sync on our Passbolt instance. I know it is authenticating correctly because it failed with a different error message until I put the correct LDAP account password in. When I click “Test Settings” I get the Error: Internal Error message. I receive the following logs in /var/log/passbolt/error.log

2022-03-18 15:06:43 Error: Fatal Error (1): Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in [/usr/share/php/passbolt/vendor/ldaptools/ldaptools/src/LdapTools/Operation/Handler/QueryOperationHandler
.php, line 134]
2022-03-18 15:06:43 Error: [Cake\Error\FatalErrorException] Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /usr/share/php/passbolt/vendor/ldaptools/ldaptools/src/LdapTools/Operation/Handler/QueryO
perationHandler.php on line 134
Request URL: /directorysync/settings/test.json?api-version=v2
Referer URL: https://passbolt.tcom.purdue.edu/app/administration/users-directory
Client IP: 10.160.4.210

I then checked around for similar errors and only found other people having the same issue with other applications. The fix for them was to increase the memory limit in the php.ini file, but the php.ini file was set to -1 by default on this Passbolt system.

We are evaluating whether or not to purchase the Pro version and the LDAP sync is one of the major components we are looking for. Anyone have an idea on this issue?

Thanks!
Sean

Hi @Akaranda Welcome to the forum! Feel free to send in these details to support@passbolt.com for potentially quicker assistance with the Pro version as you are trialing it.

1 Like

Thank you!

Support fixed this for me. The issue was the memory_limit size in:
/etc/php/7.4/fpm/php.ini

I set it to 1024M and that fixed this specific error. Needed to restart the service with:

sudo systemctl restart php7.4-fpm.service

2 Likes

The Pro support team is super helpful, thanks for posting back!