Provided Link for the first user shows blank page

Hi, I’m struggling with setup on a debian 9 server with php7.4 and mariadb 10.1.44-MariaDB-0+deb9u1 - Debian 9.11.

I have the same error as described here: No error during installation but blank setup page

the health check error are only following:
[PASS] App.fullBaseUrl validation OK.
[FAIL] Could not reach the /healthcheck/status with the url specified in App.fullBaseUrl
[HELP] Check that the domain name is correct in config/passbolt.php
[HELP] Check the network settings

SSL Certificate

[FAIL] SSL peer certificate does not validate
[FAIL] Hostname does not match when validating certificates.
[WARN] Using a self-signed certificate

but the website is working (Certificate is also okay and valid):
https://pass.vfmg.ch/index.php

Error-log is not showing anything.

What could it be.

I made an install (from source code), because on the server there are other websites also running. And it’s not recommended then to use the debian install package.

Any help would very be appreciated.

Hi @don You mention you installed from source.

It appears you are running an NGINX web server, yes? Check the NGINX logs at /var/log/nginx/error.log. Feel free to provide the NGINX config file - make sure the root directive is pointing to the /path/to/passbolt folder where you have installed the site.

Also, make sure to add 127.0.0.1 pass.vfmg.ch to the /etc/hosts file so the server knows where to look for that subdomain.

Hi @garret Thanks for your reply.

I’m running a vestacp-server. The default config there is nginx as proxy and apache2 as webserver.

The error log’s doesn’t log anything. The redirection from root (pass.vfmg.ch) to https://pass.vfmg.ch/auth/login is working. I also added 127.0.0.1 to the etc/hosts file as you suggested. Then I forced the reinstall, but it remains still the same.

It redirects automatically to pass.vfmg.ch/auth/login but I don’t have a auth directory. Is this a symbolic redirection or should I have this directory auth in the root. If so, then the installation from source has a failure?

Kind regards
don

@don I think this is the problem: although you are wanting NGINX to be a reverse proxy (where traffic starts, then gets passed to Apache, then Apache hands back to NGINX), it is set up as a standalone and trying to serve Passbolt.

Search for example of NGINX reverse proxy in the forum, and you’ll see there won’t be a root directive. It will instead pass to a local ip address. You’ll pass to your Apache backend server.

Okay,

Now I’m a bit closer to the solution. The curl pass.vfmg.ch points to a completely different website. I have to look, where this is configured… Maybe you have a hint for that?

@don It could be in one a few places, but they are all subfolders of /etc/nginx typically.

It could be the nginx.conf file. Or, it could be in the conf.d directory. Or, it could be in a sites-available folder.

Or a combination of the above, where properties that are global are kept in one file, but site specific settings are kept in a different file.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.