Update to Passbolt 3.0.0 CE and the passwords are not displayed

Hello,

I’ve updated my Passbolt server to passbolt 3 by following this guide: Passbolt Help | Update passbolt source install
Since I’ve updated, I can’t see any password. The loading bar seems to be stuck at 75% of progression and I have nothing in the logs.
I’m on a LAMP stack.

Can someone help me to troubleshoot this problem ?

Hello,

Can you confirm you upgraded to 3.0.1?

Can you run the following command and provide us with the output:
$ sudo -H -u www-data bash -c "./bin/cake passbolt cleanup --dry-run"
If the command returns errors, you can run it without the --dry-run option to clean the data.

`

1 Like

Hello Cedric,

I’m using the tag v3.0.0 from the git repo. Here is the result of the cleanup --dry-run

PHP Warning:  file_put_contents(/var/www/passbolt/logs/cli-error.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/passbolt/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Log/Engine/FileLog.php on line 133
Warning Error: SplFileInfo::openFile(/var/www/passbolt/tmp/cache/persistent/myapp_cake_core_translations_cake_console_en__u_s): failed to open stream: Permission denied in [/var/www/passbolt/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Cache/Engine/FileEngine.php, line 406]

PHP Warning:  file_put_contents(/var/www/passbolt/logs/cli-error.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/passbolt/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Log/Engine/FileLog.php on line 133

____                  __          ____
    / __ \____  _____ ____/ /_  ____  / / /_
   / /_/ / __ `/ ___/ ___/ __ \/ __ \/ / __/
  / ____/ /_/ (__  |__  ) /_/ / /_/ / / /
 /_/    \__,_/____/____/_.___/\____/_/\__/

Open source password manager for teams
---------------------------------------------------------------
 Cleanup shell (dry-run)
---------------------------------------------------------------
1 issues found in table Comments (soft deleted resources)
164 issues found in table Resources (missing resourcetype id)
165 issues detected, please re-run without --dry-run to fix.

Solved, I’ve run the same command without --dry-run
And it solved the problem

1 Like

Great that it solved the issue.

For permissions problems, you can run the following command, it will check your system and propose solutions:
$ sudo -H -u www-data bash -c "./bin/cake passbolt healthcheck"

I had the same problem when upgrading from the docker version passbolt/passbolt:2.13.5-debian to 3.0 and it was giving me a bit of a headache. I had to log in to the container and run the cleanup command, which fixed the issue. Thanks for that!

1 Like