Stuck on Please install the browser extension

I installed passbolt on Azure Kubernetes Cluster using this helm chart GitHub - mmz-srf/passbolt-helm: Passbolt Kubernetes Helm Charts and version 3.9.0-2-ce

Then I create new first admin user and I get welcome email

When I click get started from email I go to the website when I stuck on screen “Please install the browser extension.” even thought I reinstalled this extension and also remove browsing data nothing helps…

Just wonder how can I investigate from here I cannot see any errors inside passbolt container

I also noticed I’m getting key error but not many details here as well unfortunately

____                  __          ____  
/ __ \____  _____ ____/ /_  ____  / / /_ 

/ // / __ `/ / / __ / __ / / _/
/ / // ( |
) /
/ / /
/ / / /
/
/ _
/
//./_//__/

Open source password manager for teams

Healthcheck shell…Exception: Could not use key for signing. get_key failed
In [/usr/share/php/passbolt/src/Utility/OpenPGP/Backends/Gnupg.php, line 240]

@AnatomicJC Does it matter which user runs the generate secrets script?

Hi @garrett :wave: ,

No, the generate-secrets.sh is just an helper script who will generate passbolt GPG server key and JWT key. The generated keys are used in secret-jwt.yaml and secret-gpg.yaml from the template folder.

@rafhuser which browser are you using ? On which operating system ? If you are using Google chrome, did you try another browser such as Brave or Firefox ? Are you behind a corporate proxy?

Can you follow instructions from the docker troubleshooting page and post full healthcheck output ? Replace docker commands with the kubectl ones to jump into your passbolt pod.

One last thing, which kind of deployment are you trying to achieve, the HA or non-HA one ?

Best regards,

1 Like

Turns out I was missing a fingerprint due to older gpg version “gpg --show-keys” didn’t work

After finding fingerprint and adding this into helm values now looks good and finds chrome extension.

passbolt:
config:
gpgServerKeyFingerprint: “…”

The only thing that I still get in output is this:

Running baseline checks, please wait…
The directory /etc/passbolt/jwt/ is not writable.
You can try sudo chmod 775 $(find /etc/passbolt/jwt/ -type d)

just wonder if this is a problem or can it be left like that…