Error: Could not find the schema definition for the requested resource type

After updating from installer installation (running 2.x) in ubuntu 18.04 to community package under ubuntu 20 (now running passbolt 3.1.0), I can log in into passbolt and see the list of passwords, but trying to show the passwords content results in the error in the topic:

Error: Could not find the schema definition for the requested resource type.

The health check shows everything is fine.

Any ideas or suggestions? The log in /var/log/nginx/error.log only shows some errors trying to load my avatar.

Well, the problem has dissapeared on its own, the only action was to run the health check and all tests passed.

Now the problem is that everytime i go to the passbolt main page I have to go through the recovery process. I can log in to the site from the extension though. (even if it shows a 404 error in the browser title).

Do I get points if I answer my own posts?

I am running passbolt behind a reverse proxy, and i had my fullBaseUrl set to “http://whatever.com/passbolt/” which made the default login url be “…whatver.com/passbolt//auth/login” (notice the double //)

Changing the base url to "“http://whatever.com/passbolt” without the / at the end solved the login issue.

I still see the 404 error in the browser title, will post the solution in a few minutes…or maybe not this time.

Having the same error, trying to move from source install to DEB on Debian 10.
Running the healthchecks works without issues, but i can’t get my passwords out. Yesterday on a different try i was getting “Error: An Internal Error Has Occurred.” when trying to fetch a password, not sure what exactly was different.
Any idea where to start looking for?
Thanks. Luca

Same issue, from Passbolt source installation 2.13.5 to Passbolt DEB installation 3.1.0.
Followed this: Passbolt Help | Migrate passbolt CE from install scripts to Ubuntu package
I have the same message: “Error: Could not find the schema definition for the requested resource type.”
Reverting to source installation 2.13.5 solves the issue

Note: same issue if I update from Passbolt source installation 2.13.5 to Passbolt source installation 3.1.0.

Unfortunately I am still getting this schema error message after upgrading to the latest version. Even after reverting to version 2.13.5 like cdamman_intopix suggested didn’t fix the issue. I run passbolt and mariaDB in docker containers.
Has anybody an idea what causes the problem? Could it be that the mariaDB is the problem and not passbolt?
Thanks for you help!

Hello,

I retried today with version 3.1.0.
What I did:

• sudo -H -u www-data bash -c “/usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake cache clear_all”
  • Update to v3.1.0
  • sudo su -s /bin/bash -c “/usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake passbolt migrate” www-data
  • sudo su -s /bin/bash -c “/usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake passbolt healthcheck” www-data
  • sudo -H -u www-data bash -c “/usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake cache clear_all”
  • sudo systemctl restart nginx

I still had the issue “Error: Could not find the schema definition for the requested resource type”, but after logging out from passbolt, closing my browser, reopening my browser and relogging in passbolt, it worked!

Hope this helps

tried again and closing all browser windows and then trying again fixed the schema error… :slight_smile: